Friday, December 25, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Different Kind of Christmas"

How can a person's heart hurt so badly yet be full of joy? The only way is by living in the peace of God. He continues to bring special memories to my mind. As I looked out this morning and saw several inches of snow on the ground and it still snowing, I was reminded of another white Christmas. After a Christmas Eve in Willard we went home, got Mort, and took a walk in the snow looking at Christmas lights. I will never forget the year coming home from Tim's in blizzard conditions. We wondered if we would even make it home as bad as it was coming down. Christmas Day was normally spent just the two of us until Mort came along. He brought such joy to our hearts. He loved opening gifts, laying in front of the tree or fireplace, and cuddling as we watched Christmas movies. Such fond memories to reflect upon. I am so thankful for them. I know there are a lot of people who are alone today. Even though it is a Different Kind of Christmas we all need to remember He is the True Reason for the Season!

There's one less place set at the table
One less gift under the tree
And a brand new way to take their place inside of me
I'm unwrapping all these memories
Fighting back the tears
It's just a different kind of Christmas this year

The tears are falling as I reflect over past Christmas days but I am grateful for every memory I have. I know God is with me and continues to give me exactly what I need to get through every day. Praise His Holy Name! I am going to lean upon II Timothy 1:7 today in a mighty way. He will give me His love and power to not just get through this day but to celebrate Him throughout the day. When the tears come, that will be fine. They are part of the healing process. When the memories come, they will be treasured. They are also part of the healing process. I am so grateful for all the ways God continues to heal me.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for coming to this earth to die for all of our sins! Thank You for tears and memories that are a part of the healing process as I have another 'first' without Doc! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You be greater than the hurts of life. I am so grateful for friends who love on me so well and for the way You continue to encourage me through them. Lord, I pray for those hurting today to lean into You. I pray for little Russell to have deep breaths; little Karter as he is hospitalized; many who have lost loved ones this year including my family; couples who are separated; families in turmoil; and all struggling with this season. Lord, be greater. May we all realize Your love, strength, and empowerment in our physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all our spiritual lives. Thank You Jesus for being My Savior! Amen.



No comments: