Monday, December 28, 2020

Psalm 48; Exodus 14:14; I Corinthians 13:13 - "See A Victory"


The Lord took me to Psalm 48 this morning. This is a song of victory. We can experience victories while on this earth when we allow God to live in and through us. He is a Victory Former for all who realize the words Moses said to the Israelites before he parted the Red Sea. Exodus 14:14. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. They realized a huge miracle when the water parted for them to gain safety. We can realize true victories in our own life as we allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through us. We can and will
 See A Victory on this earth as He is allowed to be in total control of our lives. 

There's power in the mighty name of Jesus
Every war He wages He will win
I'm not backing down from any giant
'Cause I know how this story ends
Yes I know how this story ends

I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to you Lord

We do not face anything on this earth alone. He is with us every step of the way as we allow Him. He loves us greatly and desires us to live with Him. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm:

This God, who has now done such great things for us, is unchangeable in his love to us, and his care for us. If he is our God, he will lead and keep us even to the last. He will so guide us, as to set us above the reach of death, so that it shall not do us any real hurt. He will lead us to a life in which there shall be no more death.

Woo hoo! He loves us greatly! Matthew Henry writes of what we need to do in this life to show our love to Him.

Let our faith in the word of God be hereby confirmed. Let our hope of the stability of the church be encouraged. Let our minds be filled with good thoughts of God. All the streams of mercy that flow down to us, must be traced to the fountain of His loving-kindness.

We need to have faith. As we exercise our faith, we will experience His hope and His love. This reminds me of I Corinthians 13:13. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. His love is the key to life. When we experience His love on this earth, we will experience His love for eternity.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of how You are here giving us victory every day! Thank You for reminding me what it takes to receive victory! Thank You for taking my faith deeper so I realize hope! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You go before me today so I can realize victory in every situation put before me. I pray for those who are dealing with physical issues to lean into You. I pray for those with mental, emotional, and financial issues to allow You to be their Victory Maker, Most of all I pray for those who need a spiritual touch to put their faith in You. Thank You for being My Victory Maker! Amen.

No comments: