Friday, December 11, 2020

Psalm 101 - "Another In The Fire"

Another restless night. I'm tired of being tired. I pray God will continue to give me what I need to get through these 'tough' days. During the night the words to Another in The Fire going through my mind. 

There is another in the fire
Standing next to me
There is another in the waters
Holding back the seas
And should I ever need reminding
What power set me free
There is a grave that holds no body
And now that power lives in me


And I can see the light in the darkness
As the darkness bows to Him
I can hear the roar in the heavens
As the space between wears thin
I can feel the ground shake beneath us
As the prison walls cave in
Nothing stands between us
Nothing stands between us

I'm so thankful for the way He gives me songs to encourage me. During the night He also encouraged me to read Psalm 101. I read it in different versions and settled in on The Message. David wrote this Psalm about how he was striving to live right for God. When we live in this manner, we will spend eternity with God. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm: 

Let every one be zealous and diligent to reform his own heart and ways, and to do this early; ever mindful of that future, most awful morning, when the King of righteousness shall cut off all wicked doers from the heavenly Jerusalem.

God wanted me to be reminded to not give up on Him no matter what happens. He wants me to remember He is with me. I do not know how people live without God. I am not sure how I would have survived these last three months without His encouragement. I am thankful He is walking with me, encouraging me, loving on me, providing my tribe to take care of me, etc. 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the song and Scripture You gave me during the night! Thank You for strength You will provide as I continue to struggle sleeping! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray for Your direction as I finish what You have laid on my heart for Sunday. I also pray for many who are struggling with the loss of a loved one and many with physical issues. May You be close to all of us. Thank You for Chris who came over and took the snake out of my bathtub last night! I am so grateful for Him! Thank You for being With Me In The Fire! Amen.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh, Sheila. I feel your sadness and pain as you move forward one day at a time! God is faithful and your heart and life are a testimony of His walking in the fire with you! Blessings!