Tuesday, December 8, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Peace Be Still"

Last night I told Paul I thought my only concern about Christmas would be getting through it without Doc. Instead I have the concern about my broken arm/ribs and COVID19 going through my mind. The tingling in my head/face continues. I need to get the MRI done on my brain yet not sure how I can lay for it with the broken ribs. God sure has His hands full with me! It is a good thing I live in His fullest, trusting and believing in Him. These words Hope Darst sings in Peace Be Still are a great reminder for me...

I'm not gonna be afraid
'Cause these waves are only waves
I'm not gonna be afraid
No, I'm not gonna be afraid
And I'm not gonna fear the storm
You are greater than its roar
Oh, I'm not gonna fear the storm
No, I'm not gonna fear at all

Peace be still
Say the word and I will
Set my feet upon the sea
Till I'm dancing in the deep
Peace be still
You are here so it is well
Even when my eyes can't see
I will trust the voice that speaks

"Dancing in the deep" is where I want to live. Paul and I talked last night about how our faith grows as God sees us through 'tough' times. I can look around and see many God is stretching their faith. Some are allowing Him to work in their lives while others are resisting. My heart breaks for parents of prodigals. My prayers are running over with prayers for families in turmoil. My prayer list grows daily with those with physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual needs. I cry out asking the Lord to return soon but then realize that is a selfish prayer since there are still so many not in relationship with Him. My mind is all over the place this morning. I need Him to calm my spirit. "Peace be still" is my mantra for the day ahead. I will stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit just as II Timothy 1:7 encourages me to do.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for coming down upon me with Your peace as my mind goes from one thought to another! Cleanse me so You can fill me. I do not want to miss anything You have for me. I continue to pray for: Diana as she is in rehab; those with COVID19 and/or with family members with it; Elizabeth with the loss of her sister; Cait with her health issues; Sharon with her situation with her Daddy; families in turmoil; decisions I have to make; and for my healing. Praise Your Holy Name for June's good report and Richard's successful surgery! Woo hoo God! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.


No comments: