Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Psalm 37:4 - "It Is Well"







Mordecei loved pizza with his Daddy so his last supper was pizza with no limit to how much he wanted to eat.










Mordecei's 'baby' and paw print

My 'old man baby'....I miss you

December 29. My four-legged buddy's birthday. There will be no presents to open or doggy ice cream to eat. It is another 'first' to get through. He gave us such companionship for over eleven years and for that I am grateful. I was thinking this morning of Psalm 37:4. It reads in the ESV: Delight yourself in the Lordand he will give you the desires of your heart. God goes over and beyond in giving me the desires of my heart. Mordecei gave me such joy in his lifetime. He comforted me in times of grief, health issues, disappointments in life, etc. He was so sensitive, compassionate, and loving. He won my heart from the first time I saw him and was very social and loved by most people he met. He definitely knew what he wanted and most of the time 'bullied' until he got it. His last few months were difficult physically as he struggled with falls due to diminished eye sight. Emotionally he struggled with watching his daddy die and then helping me through the tough days after. I am so thankful for him being a part of my life. I have fond memories to reflect upon and be blessed. Doc and I talked often of how he fit into our family. He was easy going, loved to spend time going on adventures, and always a willing participant in ministry. VBS was always a highlight for him with getting to be around the children and getting to go to church. One of my favorite memories in ministry was sitting at the dining room table having coffee with a friend when Doc and I laid hands on him to pray. When we opened our eyes, Mordecei was sitting beside him with one paw on his leg. That was so cool and touched our friend greatly. Delight yourself in the Lordand he will give you the desires of your heart. Yesterday was such a blessing with having Christmas with Paul, Lizzy, Miss Bella, and my Momma. It's so hard to be spread across so many states but when we do come together, it is so much fun. Laughing, talking, eating together, me and Miss Bella doing some crafts, looking through old pictures...the day was perfect! What a gift from God! I am one blessed lady! He woke me this morning to these words of It Is Well that Bethel sings...

Far be it for me to not believe
Even when my eyes can't see
And this mountain that's in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea

Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
It is well, it is well

So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the eleven plus years of having Mordecei in my life! Thank You for all of the blessings over those years! Thank You for yesterday's gathering with Paul, Lizzy, Miss Bella, and my Momma! What a blessing to have time together. I love living out Psalm 37:4. Delight yourself in the Lordand he will give you the desires of your heart. You are so good at blessing me and I am thankful for every blessing. You made my trip happen: financially; providing people to transport me to and from airports; with technology so I continue with church; with the doctor moving my appointment; aligning my time in Ohio with Paul's time here...so many things. Praise Your Holy Name! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. I desire for You to ooze out of me in a mighty way. May You be my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude throughout the day ahead! Thank You for the beautiful sunshine this morning but most of all thank You for Your Son Shining down on us! May You be greatly felt by all grieving but especially Brenda Pittenger and family; Dan and Pam Morris family; and Dan and Lynn Baker family. I pray Your peace over Brad Stacy with heart surgery today. Thank You for being My Blesser! Amen.

No comments: