Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Psalm 16 - "God With Us"

 


The Lord took me to Psalm 16 this morning. What a great reminder this Psalm gives! Verse five encourages me to continue to seek Him. Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. This reminds me of what I said a day or two ago that He is enough! He is always with me and always provides what I need. It was so cool last night when the tears were falling He provided a video of Doc. Woo hoo! That is how my God works! I love verse eleven of Psalm 16. You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. I do not have to look anywhere else but God to receive joy. He provides exactly what I need when I need it. He gives me wisdom with decisions that need made. He provides rest in not only my physical body but also in my mental, emotional, and my spiritual body. He gives me exactly what I need. I love that Peter preached David's words from verses eight through eleven on the Day of Pentecost. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm:

Death destroys the hope of man, but not the hope of a real Christian. Christ's resurrection is an earnest of the believer's resurrection. In this world sorrow is our lot, but in heaven there is joy, a fulness of joy; our pleasures here are for a moment, but those at God's right hand are pleasures for evermore. Through this thy beloved Son, and our dear Saviour, thou wilt show us, O Lord, the path of life; thou wilt justify our souls now, and raise our bodies by thy power at the last day; when earthly sorrow shall end in heavenly joy, pain in everlasting happiness.

These words encourage me greatly knowing Doc is experiencing eternal joy. They encourage me to continue pressing on in life on this earth so I can experience heavenly joy too. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being with me through the tears and the memories! Thank You for the way You provided the video last night of Doc as I was crying! Thank You for Your wisdom in making decisions! Thank You for the sale of the Honda and the lower insurance payment! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You be my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today in a mighty way! Lord, my heart is heavy for many who are waiting on COVID test results, have it themselves or a family member with it, working in a front-line position, etc. I pray for God to be so real to all. I pray Psalm 16:11 over myself and others. You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. What a blessing to be in relationship with Him! Thank You Jesus for being My Eternal Joy! Amen.

No comments: