Thursday, December 10, 2020

Ephesians 2:7-10 - "Famous For"


I was thinking this morning about how I miss my nine to ten hours of sleep. Waking up multiple times with being awake for a period of time is not for me. Last night was better but still not what I am use to. Every time I was awake the words to Famous For where going through my mind.

I have a hope found in Your name
I have a strength found in Your grace
Your faithfulness, my fortress
Over and over

Make way through the waters
Walk me through the fire
Do what You are famous for
What You are famous for
Shut the mouths of lions
Bring dry bones to life and
Do what You are famous for
What You are famous for
I believe in You, God
I believe in You

Release Your love inside of me
Unleash Your power for all to see
Spirit, come, and fall on us
Over and over, oh Lord

Oh my yes! I do believe God is in control over everything that happens. I believe He is with me and takes care of me. I believe He loves me so much and is happy as I walk in obedience to His will. I also believe He is pleased with how I handle 'tough' situations. Yesterday I rejoiced with the knowledge the broken bone in my arm is healing in the right direction. I accepted the fact I would continue with this block and sling until after the holidays. I accepted the fact I will not be driving until it is off. It is not easy to think about as I think about my travels, appointments I have, etc, But I am not fretting over it because I know God will provide. He gave me my tribe and for that I am grateful. I believe in You, God are words that have great depth in my soul. I was thinking about how easy it is to pray for others yet sometimes I neglect praying for myself. Have I prayed for sleep? I know I continue to pray for God to heal me. I pray for Him to open doors that need opened and close those that need closed. I pray for the hurts of my heart from losses to be healed. I pray and I believe His will will be received. I pray with hope and expectancy. I pray with intention in receiving clarity. Woo hoo! I am grateful for the reminder of Ephesians 2 that God loves us so much and desires us to trust Him with every aspect of our life. Even things like sleep. Matthew Henry wrote of this scripture:

God's eternal love or good-will toward his creatures, is the fountain whence all his mercies flow to us; and that love of God is great love, and that mercy is rich mercy. And every converted sinner is a saved sinner; delivered from sin and wrath. The grace that saves is the free, undeserved goodness and favour of God; and he saves, not by the works of the law, but through faith in Christ Jesus. Grace in the soul is a new life in the soul. A regenerated sinner becomes a living soul; he lives a life of holiness, being born of God: he lives, being delivered from the guilt of sin, by pardoning and justifying grace. Sinners roll themselves in the dust; sanctified souls sit in heavenly places, are raised above this world, by Christ's grace. 

God's love is eternal and He desires us to live with Him for eternity. We must live in His love, trusting Him with all aspects of life for eternity to happen with Him. ...sanctified souls sit in heavenly places... I love that word picture. There is no doubt in my mind Doc and my Daddy are sitting in heavenly places. I want to do the same.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for my arm healing! Thank You for giving me Your mindset with it! Thank You for the accomplishment of doing my shower from start to finish all by myself! Thank You for Mary having a game plan with her pain! I pray Joanne gets a game plan with her appointment today. I praise You for the call upon Angela's ministry and pray blessings over her. I continue to pray for a miraculous healing for Craig and Hal.  I also pray for all dealing with COVID. Thank You for last night's Bible study and for the way You are going to bring my sermon together. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard in my words, actions, thoughts, and actions. Thank You for being My Fountain! Amen!

No comments: