Saturday, December 26, 2020

Jeremiah 29:11-13; Psalm 37:4-6 - "Joseph's Song"

Woo hoo! Today is my 'baby's' birthday! Thirty-six years ago, at this moment I was being wheeled into the operating room for a c-section. We were so excited to have him join our family. It was such a blessing when he was healed in the womb from having an open spine. We knew then God had great plans for him. After he was born, I started praying for his future wife and children. I prayed for him and his family to not only be in relationship with the Lord but to serve Him. They do this well. When Ben was ordained as an elder in the Church of the Nazarene, I cross-stitched him a picture with Jeremiah 29:11. This verse has been with me throughout his lifetime as I prayed for Him. God reminds me frequently when I pray for Ben that He is in control over every aspect of his life. This picture is from their visit in June. We knew Doc's time on this earth was getting short and was grateful for some 'last' visits with family. This actually was Doc's last visit to the beach. He so enjoyed watching the kids play in the water at Hunting Island, be amazed at the shells, and enjoy playing in the sand and water. That night he talked about how much fun he had watching them and prayed he would have more time with all of our grand babies. I am so thankful Ben and Emily planned to spend that last time with him as we made special memories. I also am thankful Ben is in relationship with God where he walks in obedience to His will. I remember when he was in high school and asked to sing for the Christmas play at church. He was totally out of his comfort zone but was a willing servant. There is one line in Joseph's Song I am reminded of as I think of Ben. Father show me where I fit into this plan of yours. That is how he and Emily live their lives. What an answer to prayer! I love to hear Ben preach and am grateful for every opportunity God gives me to do so. The closing on our home in South Carolina was delayed a week when we moved from Ohio. That was not a 'bad' thing because Ben preached that Sunday and we were blessed with being there. God is so good! I am reminded this morning of Psalm 37:4-6. It reads in The Passion Translation:

Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
    your vindication like the noonday sun.

Woo hoo! These words of King David are rich. They show us how to live the best life possible on this earth so we will spend eternity in heaven. Praise His Holy Name there is no doubt in my mind Ben. Emily, and the children are living this life. I am one proud Momma.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the privilege of being Ben's Momma! Thank You for the way he and Emily are raising their babies! Thank You for the call upon their lives! Lord, I pray You will continue to guide them on this earth so their eternity will be with You. I pray for cleansing in my soul. I pray for You to take anything not of You out of me and Your filling up of my spirit. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. Father once again I pray for all who are hurting to find Your Peace. Thank You for giving me Your peace yesterday throughout my first Christmas without Doc! Thank You for all who encouraged me throughout the day! Thank You for Dan and Amy spending time with me and my Momma! Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: