Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Psalm 39:7; Phil 1:20; Prov 23:18; Jeremiah 29:11 - "My Hope Is In You"


I have been asking God to give me a word for 2021. This morning He did. Expectation. Woo hoo! I was amazed as I read various verses God led me to with expectation how it was intertwined with hope. David asked the question in Psalm 39:7 in the Amplified Bible:

“And now, Lord, for what do I expectantly wait?
My hope [my confident expectation] is in You."

I love how hope is described as my confident expectation! My mind is going to many places this morning on what I can expect and hope for in the coming year. The list is long in my humanness but I need to focus on what God desires. His way is the best way for me to live. Paul talked to the church of Philippi of how he desired to live. I need to follow his example. In Philippians 1:20 in the English Standard Version it reads: 

As it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.

I desire to glorify God while on this earth through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. When I do, I know I will spend eternity with Him. I was reminded this morning that He knows what is ahead in 2021. He knew what was going to happen in 2020 and was with me every step of the way. Jeremiah 29:11 reminds me He desires to give me a future and a hope. Proverbs 23:18 reads in the English Standard Version: Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off. God is in control of today. He was in control of 2020 and will be in control of 2021. Woo hoo! All I have to do is allow him free reign of my life. 

“Here the psalmist steps off the sand, and puts his foot on the rock. Happy is the man who can say to the Lord, ‘My hope is in thee.’” (Spurgeon)

My hope is in You: “That is life, in which desire and expectation are centered in God. Such life is of an entirely different quality from that in which desire and expectation are centered in self, in circumstances, or in men.” (Morgan)

Woo hoo! I will continue to have expectation as I continue to exercise hope in God. I am determined to have God more centered in 2021 than ever before. I am excited as 2020 ends and 2021 begins. I am expecting to see great things!

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for giving me the word expectation for 2021! Thank You for being with me through the 'tough' days of 2020! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You be glorified through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray You will be proud of the way I live my life every day. Father, my prayer list is long with people and circumstances that break my heart. I pray most of all for those with spiritual needs to get to the end of themselves so You will be King of Kings and Lord of Lords of their life. Thank You Jesus for being My Center! Amen.







No comments: