Saturday, December 12, 2020

Psalm 20 - "See A Victory"

This morning God took me to David's words of Psalm 20. This Psalm reminds us there is victory in the battles of life when we trust God. Matthew Henry wrote:

Our first step to victory in spiritual warfare is to trust only in the mercy and grace of God; all who trust in themselves will soon be cast down. Believers triumph in God, and his revelation of himself to them, by which they distinguish themselves from those that live without God in the world. Those who make God and his name their praise, may make God and his name their trust. This was the case when the pride and power of Jewish unbelief, and pagan idolatry, fell before the sermons and lives of the humble believers in Jesus. This is the case in every conflict with our spiritual enemies, when we engage them in the name, the spirit, and the power of Christ; and this will be the case at the last day, when the world, with the prince of it, shall be brought down and fall; but believers, risen-from the dead, through the resurrection of the Lord, shall stand, and sing his praises in heaven. In Christ's salvation let us rejoice; and set up our banners in the name of the Lord our God, assured that by the saving strength of his right hand we shall be conquerors over every enemy.

We find victory through the name of Jesus. Saying His name in times of battle gives great peace. Calling out to Him strengthens us. Psalm 20:6-8 reads in The Passion Translation:

I know God gives me all that I ask for
and brings victory to his anointed king.
My deliverance cry will be heard in his holy heaven.
By his mighty hand miracles will manifest
through his saving strength.
Some find their strength in their weapons and wisdom,
but my miracle deliverance can never be won by men.
Our boast is in the Lord our God,
who makes us strong and gives us victory!
Our enemies will not prevail; they will only collapse and
perish in defeat while we will rise up, full of courage.

Woo hoo! God is greater than anything the enemy throws our way. He is greater than the 'junk' of this world. Verses six through nine are so awesome. They read in the New Living Testament:

Now I know that the Lord rescues his anointed king.

He will answer him from his holy heaven

and rescue him by his great power.

Some nations boast of their chariots and horses,

but we boast in the name of the Lord our God.

Those nations will fall down and collapse,

but we will rise up and stand firm.

Give victory to our king, O Lord!

Answer our cry for help.

Woo hoo! I'm singing See A Victory this morning and proclaiming the name of Jesus over my life!

I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to you Lord
I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to you Lord

There's power in the mighty name of Jesus
Every war He wages He will win
I'm not backing down from any giant
'Cause I know how this story ends
Yes I know how this story ends

Woo hoo! I know I am going to see victory in every aspect of my life. There has been victory already realized and there are victories ahead. I am proclaiming victory! I am ready to realize victory! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the encouragement of Your Word and songs! Thank You for the opportunities You provided yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for going before me and providing victories! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Lord, my heart is heavy with so many going through 'tough' days but I rejoice in the way You strengthen our faith through such days. I love You! I trust You! I am encouraged by You! Thank You Jesus for being My Victory! Amen.


No comments: