Saturday, February 29, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Every Move I Make"

 

Sometimes people will disappoint. Sometimes circumstances will disappoint. Sometimes even God's timing will disappoint. But we cannot allow any of these things to disappoint us to the point we turn away from God. Instead we need to live in His empowerment so we can realize such times as being what is best for us. If we don't do so, the enemy can have an open door to play havoc in our lives. Turning to God instead of turning to food, alcohol, drugs, shopping, etc. is a more positive action. Reading His Word and talking to Him accomplishes so much more than anything else we can do when we are disappointed. We must live out II Timothy 1:7 with His love and empowerment instead of fearing as the enemy likes to put on us. We also must trust Him as Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us if we desire to live as He wants of us. This week I played Every Move I Make for the children. This is how He desires us to live.

Every move I make 
I make in You 
You make me move, Jesus
Every breath I take
I breathe in You

Every step I take 
I take in You
You are my way, Jesus
Every breath I take
I breathe in You


Yes! This is exactly how I desire to live. I want everything I do to be done in His will. The song continues about how He is seen in everything and how His love has captured me. Woo hoo! I can so relate to this. It is only through His love, mercy, and grace that I am who I am today. Not only did He save me years ago but then He took me back with open arms when I walked away. He strengthens me every day as I walk in obedience to His will. He pours Himself into me to the point of overflowing so I can love with His love. He is so good to me. I desire to please Him but am I truly pleasing Him? I believe I am to some degree but I know I need to get better at sharing His love. I should not miss loving on anyone He gives me opportunity to love on yet I know I do. Sometimes I miss opportunities and then I am disappointed in myself. I cannot allow such times to stop me from striving to be Christ-like. Instead, I need to repent and carry on with what He puts before me. I need to be more intentional in having my focus on Him. As I do, I know He will be more real to me than ever before.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning that disappointments in life should not take my focus off of You but instead make my focus more intentional! Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday and the ones You will give me today to love with Your love! Thank You for the physical strength You give me! Thank You for the desire of my heart to be who You have called me to be! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a more intentional way today. I pray for Doc with the pain he is having. I ask that You give him what he needs to do what You desire of him today. I pray for the work that will be completed at the church building and for those who will be participating. May You be with us and give us not only productive work time but also fellowship time. Thank You for Ady doing better! Thank You for the time I had with my friends at the retirement facility yesterday! Thank You for continuing to be all I need throughout 'tough' days! Thank You for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: