Tuesday, February 4, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Ephesians 6:10-20; Colossians 3:12-17 - "Who You Say I Am"


I woke up this morning to these words of Who You Say I Am going through my mind and was immediately blessed...

Who the Son sets free
Oh, is free indeed
I'm a child of God
Yes, I am
In my Father's house
There's a place for me
I'm a child of God
Yes, I am

Yes! I am His daughter who knows my eternity will be spent with Him. There is freedom in knowing as I walk the road of obedience for Him I know where my eternity will be spent. There is freedom from being fearful of what comes along in life as I stand in His love and empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 tells me to do. There is freedom from falling to the traps of the enemy as I live out Ephesians 6:10-20 every day. Plain and simple. There is freedom through Christ. Woo hoo! The song continues...

I am chosen
Not forsaken
I am who You say I am
You are for me
Not against me
I am who You say I am

Yes! If those words don't make me feel special, I don't know what will. God loves me so much that He sent His Son to die for me. He loves me so much that He is with me 24/7. He encourages me throughout the day in so many ways. Sometimes it is through people. Sometimes it is through His nature. Sometimes it is by giving me a word or Scripture to ponder upon. The way I receive such encouragement is by living in His presence. I am so blessed by Him. My relationship with Him is one I wish more people experienced. This song encourages everyone to know Him and to understand their relationship with Him. He deserves our glory. He deserves our praise. He deserves our worship 24/7. It is only through such a relationship that we can be who He has called us to be for His glory. I know there is controversy over this song but there was a reason He brought it to me this morning. Some say it's too repetitive. As I said a couple weeks ago in my sermon the Bible uses repetitiveness to get a point across. Repetitiveness shows importance. Sometimes it takes being told something many times before we finally get it. That's how I see believers who are still living with one foot in the world. They have read Scripture that tells them how we are to live yet they continue to choose to live for self. I can't begin to imagine what life would be life in this world if everyone were living for God. Paul wrote in Colossians 3 how we are to live. In The Passion Translation it reads:

12 You are always and dearly loved by God! So robe yourself with virtues of God, since you have been divinely chosen to be holy. Be merciful as you endeavor to understand others, and be compassionate, showing kindness toward all. Be gentle and humble, unoffendable in your patience with others. 13 Tolerate the weaknesses of those in the family of faith, forgiving one another in the same way you have been graciously forgiven by Jesus Christ. If you find fault with someone, release this same gift of forgiveness to them. 14 For love is supreme and must flow through each of these virtues. Love becomes the mark of true maturity. 15 Let your heart be always guided by the peace of the Anointed One, who called you to peace as part of his one body. And always be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ live in you richly, flooding you with all wisdom. Apply the Scriptures as you teach and instruct one another with the Psalms, and with festive praises, and with prophetic songs given to you spontaneously by the Spirit, so sing to God with all your hearts! 17 Let every activity of your lives and every word that comes from your lips be drenched with the beauty of our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One. And bring your constant praise to God the Father because of what Christ has done for you!
Woo hoo! When we realize His love for us and allow His love to flow from us in the fullest way, we will be who He has called us to be. We will be compassionate, kind, gentle, humble, patient with others, forgiving, loving, peaceful, and praising. In other words, we will be Christ-like! I love the part in verse fourteen where it reads, Love becomes the mark of true maturity. Yes! When we are living in the manner He desires, His love will be seen through us. This verse in the King James Version reads, And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. We cannot be perfect in this world but we can seek His perfection. The more we seek His perfection, the more we will live His love out in our lives. I love the word picture The Message in verses twelve through fourteen of putting on the wardrobe God picked out for me. It reads:

So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.

Last night I picked out what I would wear today. I thought about what I would be doing, what the temperature was going to be, etc. I put some time into the process. I need to put more time into the process of putting on His wardrobe every day. That is why I spend time when I first wake up talking with Him, reading His Word, and seeking His direction for my day. I need to be more intentional on putting on His wardrobe. This Scripture is going to be one I write down and keep in front of me as a great reminder of how I can live a life of His love. It is one that reminds me of what needs to happen for me to live out His call on my life to love with His love. Woo hoo! I love how He brings songs and Scripture to me. I know I have read this Scripture many times but today it came alive in a whole new way. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and Scripture this morning that came alive to me! Thank You for the way You love me so much! Thank You for the opportunities of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for Doc feeling a little better today! May he continue to gain strength throughout this day. I continue to pray for tomorrow as we get the CT results. May You show us favor with them. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with Your love. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a more intentional way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Go before me and open doors that need opened and close those that need closed. Father, I also pray for: favor for Don's family with the showing of their house; Brian; Rhonda; Lynn and her family with the loss of her father; Karen and her family with the loss of her husband; Sherry's husband Terry who is battling multiple health issues; many who are not in relationship with You and many who know You but have not died to self to allow You complete control over their lives; and financial issues with getting the rehab of the church building completed. Thank You Jesus for being My Wardrobe Designer! Amen.

No comments: