Saturday, February 15, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "What A Savior"


Every time I was awake throughout the night and again this morning the song What A Savior was going through my mind. There is such truth in this song. It encourages me greatly.

Jesus You are stronger 
More than any other 
Hallelujah what a savior 
Jesus You are higher 
My soul´s deepest desire 
Hallelujah You are savior 


Yes! He is my deepest desire. He is the One I desire to follow every day. He is the One I enjoy life with. He is the One that is with me on the mountain tops and in the valleys of life. He is the One that knows me inside and out. He is the One who guides my every decision. Plain and simple. He is the One. Woo hoo! I am so grateful for the way He protected us in traffic yesterday, encouraged us by the doctor's words, and enabled us to make memories. I am grateful for the saving grace of Jesus. Without Him, I would be nothing. I am grateful for the way He restored my soul when I walked away from Him. I am grateful for the love He pours down over me every day of my life. I am grateful for the opportunities He puts before me to love with His love. Plain and simple. I am grateful. Woo hoo! Many months ago God gave me II Timothy 1:7 during a drive home in a nasty storm. Little did I realize how much I would depend upon that verse in the coming months as soon after Doc was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Yesterday the doctor was amazed at how well Doc looks after twenty-six chemo treatments over the last nine months. He said Doc is not a typical pancreatic cancer patient. I know the reason for this is because of God. He is performing miracles in Doc even when we don't see them. God is the only explanation for the 'perfect' blood work week after week. Woo hoo, God! Prayers are working. They may not be working as quickly as we desire but God has His reasons. I keep praying for the church building rehab to be complete so it is no longer hanging over Doc's head. I pray continuously for the finances for the project and for volunteers. Even when it doesn't seem to be happening, God is working by providing exactly what is needed, when it is needed. Many months ago He told me we weren't ready to be in the building. I keep praying for that to change so we will be in it but He reminds me it will happen in His time. As a human, sometimes His time is not quick enough but we must remember His time is perfect whether it be with the healing from pancreatic cancer or the rehab of a church building. Until these two things are accomplished, I will pray and believe. I will stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and not allow the enemy to place fear upon me. I will continue to love with His love at every opportunity put before me. I will be more intentional in allowing the Holy Spirit to direct every aspect of my life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace! Thank You for the safe trip we had to Charleston and the encouraging words from the doctor! Thank You for our visit and lunch with Terri! I pray You will continue to be with her as she seeks employment. I pray the same for our friend Melanie. Lord, be with Jim as he prepares for his move. May You continue to be his strength. Thank You for my friends Kim and Carl who helped me bless my Momma for Valentine's Day! I pray for Doc's pain to be gone this morning and strength for him so he can go to the building. I pray for workers to come and painting to be accomplished. Lord, bless our efforts. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of Your Holy Spirit. I pray You will go before me and open doors that need opened and shut those that need shut. Father, empower me to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in a more intentional way. Father, during the night You had me praying for those in rehab and/or those going into rehab. May You meet the physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual needs of: Craig, Corey, Angie, Terry, and Sharon's Daddy. May You also give strength to their family and wisdom to those caring for them. Thank You Jesus for being My Deepest Desire! Amen.


1 comment:

My Strength said...

Thanks sweetie! We continue to pray for your family too! We love and miss you too!