Wednesday, February 12, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; I John 4 - "Hello My Name Is"

II Timothy 1:7
Yesterday was a day filled with blessings despite the pain I am in. I was able to visit with my 96 year old neighbor before spending some extra time with my friend at the assisted living facility and then finished the day with children and teens. I love loving on people with God's love. We were talking last night about Proverbs 17:17 and discussed how we can love our friends, our family, and even those people we may not like to be around. I explained to them something I taught my own children. You do not have to like everyone's actions and actually do not have to like them but you do have to love everyone with Jesus' love. I think of I John 4 this morning that explains how we love because He loves us. We are to live as Christ-like beings. Therefore, the example He set for us to love people should be exercised. Verses fifteen and sixteen in The Message read: 

Everyone who confesses that Jesus is God’s Son participates continuously in an intimate relationship with God. We know it so well, we’ve embraced it heart and soul, this love that comes from God.

Yes! The desire of my heart is to have an intimate relationship with my Heavenly Daddy. The only way for this to happen is for me to be intentional in spending time with Him. I must be in  His Word daily, communicating with Him, and loving with His love to be intimate with Him. If I don't spend time with Him, our relationship is lacking. This chapter continues with verses seventeen and eighteen...

17-18 God is love. When we take up permanent residence in a life of love, we live in God and God lives in us. This way, love has the run of the house, becomes at home and mature in us, so that we’re free of worry on Judgment Day—our standing in the world is identical with Christ’s. There is no room in love for fear. Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life—fear of death, fear of judgment—is one not yet fully formed in love.
Once again God has reminded me I do not have to fear the appointment with the surgeon on Friday. There is no room in love for fear. Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life---fear of death, fear of judgment--is one not yet fully formed in love. I will continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in His love and empowerment throughout these tough days. I will continued to allow God to love on me so I can continue to love on others. My day yesterday was full of loving on people. It was not forced nor was it fake. I loved with His love through His empowerment. I loved because He loves me. I loved because I am told in His Word to love Him with all my heart, soul, and mind. I loved because I am also told to love others as myself. Do I love myself? Yes I do. If I didn't, I would be breaking His commands. Do I respect myself? Yes I do. If I didn't, I would be disrespecting Him because I am His creation. God loves me enough to have His Only Son die for my sins. God loves me enough that He encourages me every day to love with His love. God loves me enough that He protects me things I don't even know about. God loves me enough that He reminds me of such things as I do not have to fear anything. Plain and simple. God loves me! Woo hoo! His love is what is getting me through these 'tough' days with the pancreatic cancer in Doc's body. His love is what encourages me to not think about the 'what ifs' but to live each and every day for His glory. It's hard to hear your husband say things like 'this may be my last time I pick strawberries' or to get your affairs in order but God continues to give me strength and for that I am grateful. None of us know when our time will be to leave this earth. We should all be ready not only in our spiritual lives but also so we don't leave a mess for our family with bills, stuff we've accumulated, etc. As Paul said this week, it is easier to do things before than wait to do them after. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love that You lavish down upon me! Thank You for answered prayers from yesterday...Doc being able to drive the bus and teach the teens; John's stones being gone before they did the procedure; Linda's surgery going well; safety while traveling; and Sheldon feeling a little better. Thank You for my visit with my neighbor and my time at the assisted living facility! Thank You for the time we had with children and teens last night! Thank You for cleansing me this morning so You can fill me to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit! May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day. May I be more intentional on loving with Your love. Lord, I pray for healing in my back. I do not want to be distracted by this pain. I pray for Your strength for Doc as he goes to chemo today. I pray for him to not have after effects to the treatment. May You continue to be his strength through these tough days. Lord, we continue to pray for a healing in his body while on this earth. Your will be done. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Love Me! Amen.

No comments: