Wednesday, February 26, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 1 - "Stand In Your Love"


This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 1 which encourages me greatly to keep on living for Him. This Psalm encourages me to continue living every day with a learning spirit where I allow Him to teach me how to draw closer to Him. It encourages me to continue to walk in His ways and not allow the enemy an open door. Verse two encourages me to be in His Word day and night. 

His pleasure and passion is remaining true to the Word of “I Am,”
meditating day and night in the true revelation of light (TPT).

These last few days God has me praying for Doc to be in the Word more so that he will be encouraged. There is so much encouragement in His Word. I am so grateful every time I read it I receive something from it. Verse three encourages me to bear fruit

He will be standing firm like a flourishing tree
planted by God’s design,
deeply rooted by the brooks of bliss,
bearing fruit in every season of his life.
He is never dry, never fainting,
ever blessed, ever prosperous (TPT).

This is imperative for all believers. If we are not sharing God's love, we cannot bear fruit. If we are not walking the road of obedience to His will, we cannot bear fruit. How can we tell if we are doing so? If people are coming into relationship with Him or going deeper in their faith to the point where they surrender to a life of holiness through us, we are bearing fruit. This way of life is how God desires us to live. A footnote in The Passion Translation describes such a person: “No matter what he sets out to do, he brings it to a successful conclusion.” Woo hoo! Yes! I want to be successful in my life for Christ. The desire of my heart is to fulfill the desire of His heart. The only way that can happen is to stand in the empowerment of II Timothy 1:7. I cannot allow the enemy to place fear upon my life but instead need to stand in God's love. It is a daily battle to do this. The enemy does not like the strength I have through Christ. He tries to use circumstances and people to tear me down every day but my God is stronger than anything he tries to trip me up with. My God is stronger than his lies. My God is stronger by being in my presence 24/7 which is something the enemy cannot do. Plain and simple. My God is stronger! Woo hoo! This Psalm ends with a comparison between the life lived without Christ and one that walks with Him.

But how different it is for the righteous!
The Lord embraces their paths as they move forward
while the way of the wicked leads only to doom (TPT).

Woo hoo! This is another bit of encouragement from my Heavenly Father! Praise His Holy Name! This morning the words to Stand In Your Love are going through my mind. That is exactly what I will be more intentional in doing in the day ahead. As I do, He will empower me in a greater way than ever before. Woo hoo! 

'Cause my fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love!
Oh, I'm standing

There's power that can break off every chain
There's power that can empty out a grave
There's resurrection power that can save
There's power in Your name, power in Your name
There's power that can break off every chain
There's power that can empty out a grave
There's resurrection power that can save
There's power in Your name, power in Your name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You, thank You, thank You for these words of encouragement as I begin another day! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the way You encouraged me with hugs from friends yesterday! Thank You for my time with my friend at the assisted living facility and my time with children yesterday morning and again last night! Thank You for Doc feeling well enough to teach the teens! Thank You for Joshua driving the bus! Thank You for Rhonda cooking, Jim providing groceries, and Campbell's making dessert last night! Father, You bless me in abundance and I am so thankful! I am thankful Doc has this week off from chemo! I pray he will regain strength during this time. I pray for the oncologist as a plan is made for the addition of radiation in his treatment plan. Most of all I continue to pray for a complete healing in his body while on this earth. Lord, I also pray for a healing in Corey and Tisha's family with all the sickness; many others who are dealing with flus and sickness; Craig and his family as they move; families that are being torn apart by the enemy to stand in Your love instead of allowing him an open door; and most of all for believers to come to the end of themselves and allow You complete control over their lives. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit. Empower my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude throughout this day. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Greatest Encourager! Amen.


2 comments:

Sandi said...

"... planted by God’s design"

This blessed me!

My Strength said...

I love reading Scripture in different translations to get different word pictures! Blessings on your day...