Friday, February 7, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "You Say"


The enemy tries to tear us down while God builds us up. We do not have to believe the enemy nor do we have to fear him. Instead we must stand upon the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. II Timothy 1:7 tell us that God empowers us to love with His love through His empowerment. This morning I woke to words from You Say that Lauren Daigle sings...

You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don't belong, oh You say I am Yours
And I believe, (I) oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe

Only God's words are the truth. Only His words should be what we listen to. He is the Only One to know what is really going on. He is the Only One that knows the outcome of every situation we find ourselves in. He is the Only One who can take us in His arms when we fall apart and soothe our souls. Plain and simple. He is the Only One. We cannot allow the enemy to have any open doors into our life. Instead we must stay strong in the Lord. When we find ourselves falling apart, we must lean more into the Lord. He will take the tears that fall and use them to strengthen our spirits. There is no shame in them but instead there is empowerment. Yesterday when they started when I was carrying limbs through the yard I tried to stop them but He told me to allow them. He assured me it was OK to cry because it was a natural emotional release. I am so grateful to have His encouragement through 'tough' days. I am grateful I not only hear His voice but can walk in obedience to it. I am grateful He is always with me. Plain and simple. I am grateful.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the strength You are going to give me in the day ahead to not just get through it but to be You to everyone I meet through my words, actions, and attitude. Thank You for going before me and opening doors of opportunity to share Your love. Thank You for being with Doc as he is struggling with after effects of the chemo. May You continue to be his strength. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Father, may You be greater than the hurts of my heart. Thank You Jesus for being Who I Believe In! Amen.

No comments: