Monday, February 17, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Isaiah 43 - "Even If"


Doc made the statement in his sermon yesterday:

Our faith isn't based on what God DOES...
Our faith is based on who God IS!

His topic was about miracles of healing. He said miracles will happen when we believe. God may choose to heal and He may choose to not heal. I remember being tod in the months following my MS diagnosis that if I had faith, God would heal me. In fact the people who said this to me said something like 'if you had enough faith, God would heal you.' I was crushed by those words. I thought I had enough faith to be healed. What was wrong with me? Why was God not healing me? Would I go to hell if I died right then? Thankfully, the Lord assured me I was in the palm of His hand and yes, I did have great faith. There have been many times throughout the years where I was told I lacked faith or I would be healed. No, devil, I will not accept those words said over me. I know my faith is great. I also know my faith grows daily as I walk in obedience to the Lord's will. I have been healed many times in the emotional and financial sense. I also have received healing many times in the physical sense. Ben was healed in my womb after having an open spine before birth. Wow, God! I will forever remember the time at the Wooster Church of the Nazarene where two ladies were told to pray for my MS and I received healing in the numbness in my right side. I also will remember the time at the altar with my feet being healed as Michelle was obedient to going up and laying hands on them without knowing why I was there. February 4, 2016 will forever be etched in my mind as a great time of healing. I wrote these words the next morning:

Walking into the sanctuary with a cane, very nauseated, very emotional, in pain...
Walking out of the sanctuary on my own strength, feeling very joyful and thankful...
I went expecting...I received...praise His Holy Name!!!

Oh my! Last night was so awesome for not just myself but for many others. I look forward to hearing stories of restoration in bodies and souls. The smiles on faces were priceless as pain was eradicated from bodies. As we heard the truth from Brother Dan I kept praying for miracles to occur last night. Of course I wanted a miracle in my own body but I kept telling the Lord what I really wanted was His will. When Brother Dan asked for any who wanted to receive empowerment to come forward, many went and stood across the front of the sanctuary. Suddenly I found myself kneeling on the steps...crying out...begging the Lord to take away my affliction. I don't know how long I was there but I felt hands touching me and heard prayers all around me. I begged and pleaded the Lord for Him to take it away. It seemed like it was so long that I continued. I cried...I moaned...I talked to Him. All of a sudden I felt different. There was peace in my stomach. I felt as if I was going to burst. Then I heard, "Sheila...Sheila...come here..." I walked over to Brother Dan and he prayed over me. He commanded the MS out of my body. He commanded restoration in the myelin of my brain. He commanded the pain to be gone from my legs. He commanded my site to be pure. He commanded fear to be gone from my life. With the authority given to him by the Holy Spirit he commanded. Woo hoo! The warmth flowed from the tip of my head to the tip of my toes and I was overwhelmed by His Spirit. I'm not sure what happened for a few minutes...the Spirit overtook me. My next recollection was sitting in front of Brother Dan and him praying over me more. He said the Lord was doing more than healing. "New things" were happening. This fulfilled what the Lord told me a couple days ago about "new life"...


It hit me this morning that it has been almost nine months since the MS exasperation hit my body. Nine months. What else takes nine months in a woman's body? New life. The Lord has seen me through some pretty rough days over these last months. He has seen me through treatments, physical therapy, sickness but He has been my strength through it all. Yes, there have been days I have felt like giving up but I refuse because He will not allow me to let the enemy win. 


I persevered...I refused to give up even last night as I begged the Lord to take away my affliction I did not give up. The enemy tried to get me to by telling me the Lord was not going to heal me again. I told the enemy that I was the King's Daughter and He would heal me. I trusted Him. I had faith in Him. I know He loves me. Those are the reasons I continued pleading. As I prayed I thought about the promises in Isaiah 43 and knew I had to stand on them.

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.

Do not be afraid, for I am with you...

18 “Forget the former things;
    do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.
Yes! February 4, 2016 changed my life in so many ways. It wasn't just a change in my physical body but most importantly it was a change in my spiritual body. I became empowered by the Holy Spirit that night in a new, different way. If it were not for that night, my life would not be as it is today. I stand stronger in II Timothy 1:7 today than ever before. I do not fear the 'what ifs' of life but instead embrace them through God's strength. He is in control of every aspect of my life. My faith is just as Doc said yesterday. It is not in what God does for me but who He is for me! Woo hoo! This year God gave me the word 'intentional' to stand upon. I am striving to be more intentional in loving with His love so more people will come into relationship with Him and those who are in relationship with Him will take the next step He desires for them. I am striving to be more intentional in my focus on Him so I do not miss any opportunity He puts before me. I am striving to be in His Word more and in prayer more. Plain and simple. I am striving to be more Christ-like.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Doc's sermon yesterday that brought back so many wonderful memories of healing in my life and in the lives of many others! Doc's story of the man who was scheduled for a quadruple bypass and then having a clean bill of health after Doc prayed over him was one that should convince all that miracles do still happen. Last week with John being scheduled to have stones removed but then the last scan before the procedure showed they were gone was another miracle. I continue to pray for a miraculous healing in Doc's body. I pray You will be glorified through whatever is ahead in his life. Lord, if You choose to take him from this earth I will be so very sad but I know You will continue to be my strength no matter what. Your will be done is my prayer. I also pray You will be glorified in whatever happens. Father, give my Momma strength today as she get test results. I pray You will give her clarity in her thinking and be with the one who takes her to have clarity. Once again. Your will be done. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me today so I do not miss any opportunity You put before me. I pray for each one who was prayed over and anointed yesterday to walk in Your empowerment. May they believe and receive. May the enemy not have any open door in their life today. Thank You for being My Healer! Amen.

No comments: