Monday, February 10, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6; Ephesians 6:10-20 - "With Lifted Hands"


The song With Lifted Hands continued to stay with me throughout the day yesterday and again during the night. 

With every heartbeat in my chest
Lord, I surrender all that I have
The days yet to come, the days in the past
I'm giving You all I am
With lifted hands, with lifted hands

The line about The days yet to come... is what I believe God needs me to focus on. The appointment Friday to see if they will do surgery on Doc is what the oncologist calls a 'turning point' in his health. If they cannot do the surgery, they will keep him comfortable as possible for the remainder of his days on this earth. These were hard words to hear last week. They were words spoken by the oncologist not by God. We are still praying for a miracle with this situation. I 'thought' I had surrendered it over to God when I prayed for 'His will' but after having these words going through my mind repeatedly maybe I haven't. Maybe I'm holding onto The days yet to come instead of allowing God to work in them. I definitely do not want to be a hindrance to anything God desires to do. I was so emotional last week after the oncologist appointment but I don't think God expected anything different from me. There were times throughout these last nine months that I felt so weak yet He continues to give me His strength. There were times when I didn't know how to pray and He gave me people to pray for us. There were times when I felt so lonely and He gave people to love on me. There were times when I didn't feel like I could go on and He picked me up and carried me. There were many 'tough' times yet there continue to be many 'good' times. Life isn't like it used to be but God provides times that seem almost 'normal' to lift my spirit. Yesterday was one of those times. Doc being able to stay up to participate at Mr. Fran's was awesome. It wasn't 'normal' because he wasn't outside working with us but he was there. Him being able to go out to eat afterward felt pretty 'normal' despite his stomach issues. Him not sleeping when we got home was not his new 'normal' but that was a good thing. Today with having my schedule change I pray we can have another 'normal' day with spending time together. Today is a day yet to come. It hasn't happened yet. It is before us. I am putting on the Armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-20) and being ready to stand in His empowerment of II Timothy 1:7 as we go throughout this day. I am trusting God as Proverbs 3:5-6 tells me to do with all my heart. He will provide exactly what we need as we walk in His will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the 'normal' day of yesterday! Thank You for everyone who came out to bless Mr. Fran with working in his yard and visiting with him! What a blessing to be a part of! Thank You for giving Doc wisdom on how to conserve his energy so he could be a part of the day! Thank You for going before us today and blessing us with opportunities to love with Your love! Father, cleanse us so You can fill us to overflowing with more of You! Give us Your attitude of being intentional in loving people. I pray for more of You and less of me to show through in my words, actions, and attitude. Lord, take The days yet to come and use them for Your glory. May You open doors that need opened and shut those that need shut for Doc to receive healing while on this earth. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Me! Amen.

No comments: