Saturday, February 22, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Romans 8 - "Yes I Will"

II Timothy 1:7

The words to a song Vertical Worship sings are on my mind this morning. God had my friend Tiffany remind me of them after we received the call from the surgeon's office Thursday morning.

I count on one thing
The same God that never fails
Will not fail me now
You won't fail me now
In the waiting
The same God who's never late
Is working all things out
Is working all things out

Oh, yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
For all my days, oh yes I will
For all my days, oh yes, I will


He will never fail us! He is with us working all things out even though we may not understand what He is doing. I think of Romans 8:28 this morning. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Paul begins this chapter with writing about how we are to live in the Spirit. In verse five he wrote, Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. In our flesh, the desire would be for Doc to not have cancer in his pancreas. In our flesh, the desire would be for it already to be gone. But we strive to live in His Spirit so we continue to seek Him to be glorified through this situation. If He chooses for Doc to leave this earth, he won't be dying but instead would be living in Glory with the Lord. I would be terribly sad and would miss him but I know I would have hope in seeing him again. Verse twenty-five reads, But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. Yes! All of God's children have hope for eternal life with Him. We just have to wait on our time to leave this earth. There are days like the past couple days where I imagine Doc is looking forward to having a new body. Being so sick is hard to cope with but it does keep us close to the Lord. We continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit throughout every day but especially on the 'tough' days. Paul's last words of this chapter encourage me to keep on praising Him no matter what. Verses thirty-eight and thirty-nine read, For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Woo hoo! Nothing will separate us from God's love. That is why I will continue to praise Him no matter what the circumstances of life are.

Yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
For all my days, oh yes I will

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from this song and from Romans 8 this morning! Father, You know there are times I struggle with Doc's situation and I ask for a cleansing in my soul so You can fill me up with more of Your Holy Spirit to empower me through such times. I pray today will be a better day for him physically. I ask for healing in his body. Lord, give him exactly what he needs to not just get through this day but to glorify You through it. I pray he is able to preach tomorrow but if not then I ask that You empower me to finish the sermon You gave me earlier in the week. Thank You for all the ways You provide encouragement to us. Thank You for Lee who went out of his way to stop and see us yesterday. May he have a good trip visiting family. Thank You for protection over Jim and his family with the car accident. May You help the process with insurance to go smoother than it has been. Thank You for my time I had with my friends at the facility yesterday. They are so encouraging to me as they ask about Doc. Thank You for those that will be coming today to work at the building. Lord, continue to give wisdom on finances with the project. Thank You Jesus for being My Encourager! Amen!

No comments: