Thursday, February 13, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Prize Worth Fighting For"

II Timothy 1:7

In one of the many times I was awake during the night the Lord gave me the coolest vision. He was standing before me with His arms wide open saying, "Welcome Daughter. I'm so excited to have You with me. We are going to have a glorious time." Wow! That is exactly what I hope to hear when I leave this earth. The next time I woke He had the words to Prize Worth Fighting For going through my mind and it was on my mind again this morning.

When every day is just another struggle
And every choice is an act of war
Gotta pray, gotta press on
To the prize worth fighting for
When it feels like I'll never make it
When my heart's crying out for more
Gotta pray, gotta press on
To the prize worth fighting for

Woo hoo! Yes! He is worth fighting for! Yesterday was a 'tough' day in our life but God was right there with us. He allowed me to keep my emotions in check until I was home. He gave me loving words in a situation that the enemy would have loved to have used. For these things I am thankful. When I get up each morning, I ask Him to cleanse me so He can fill me with His Holy Spirit. Yesterday was one of the days I could feel His empowerment so much. In this song it says, When my heart's crying out for more. That is exactly what I do each day. I desire more of Him and less of me. As I desire this, He fills me up to overflowing. In the situation we found ourselves yesterday our words and actions could have been ugly. In fact, a lot of people in the same situation would have been ugly. That was realized when we were thanked profusely for being so understanding. God showed through our words, actions, and attitude. Praise His Holy Name! When trying situations arise, we all have a choice to make. We can allow God to empower us through them or we can allow the enemy to cause havoc. I am grateful God is more powerful than the enemy. Today is a new day. Praise God! I am praying for today to not be just another struggle but when struggles come I know I have His full armor on ready for battle. I am standing on II Timothy 1:7 in His empowerment. The enemy wants to destroy but he will not be allowed. I am intentionally focusing on God who is the prize worth fighting for!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the being with us yesterday! Thank You for my time with Sissy and Gavin yesterday afternoon! Thank You for the vision and song You gave me during the night! Thank You for the new day that is ahead! May You cleanse us so You can fill us to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit. May You be our words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May You empower me to be more intentional in focusing on You. May Your love flow from me greatly. Lord, there are so many hurting people in this world. Some are dealing with physical needs; some with emotional needs; some with mental needs; and some with financial needs. I pray for them to find You in the midst of their chaos. I also pray for those with spiritual needs to find Your peace. I pray for people to be put in their path who will make a difference in their life. Lord, my heart hurts for our Tuesday night children who are moving out-of-state. I am asking You to put people in their new place that will love them with Your love. I pray for people who will provide food for them and will be Your hands and feet in their lives. It's always hard to see children move away but I think this might be the hardest ones yet because of their home situation. I know there is nothing I can do in my humanness so I am praying and asking You to go before them. I also pray for Doc to have a better day today than yesterday. I continue to pray for a healing in his body while on this earth but until that happens I ask for Your love to be greater than the side effects of chemo. I pray for clarity in his thought process as he prepares his sermon today. May You be greater than C in his life. Thank You Jesus for being My Prize Worth Fighting For! Amen.

No comments: