Monday, February 3, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "You Are More"


Doc said something in his sermon yesterday that I don't think many people think about. "Even if you were the only one on this earth Jesus would have still died for you." If that doesn't make you feel special, I don't know what would. Jesus loves each one of us the same as the other. He doesn't love one more than another. He loves us all equally. This morning God woke me up to the words of You Are More that Tenth Avenue North sings.

You are more than the choices that you've made
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes
You are more than the problems you create
You've been remade

Yes! When we accept Jesus in our heart, we are remade. The past is just that. The past. He forgives and forgets. Sometimes it is hard for us to forgive ourselves but that is all part of the process of allowing Jesus to cleanse us. We do not have to beat ourselves up for things we've done because His death on the cross took care of our sins. That can be a hard concept to embrace but we must. Our sins are washed away by the love of our Savior. Oh how I wish more people would grasp this. I pray for more people to accept His love and live for Him. There is nothing to be afraid of. He is always there to guide us. He is always there to love on us. He is always there to encourage us. Plain and simple. He is always there. Woo hoo! I'm so grateful I asked Him into my heart. I'm also grateful I made the step for Him to not just live in my heart but to empower me by the Holy Spirit to walk a life of obedience. I'm grateful for II Timothy 1:7 that encourages me to not be afraid but instead stand in His love and empowerment. I'm grateful for the way He speaks to me and also grateful I have the desire in my heart to walk in obedience to Him. Oh how I pray for more believers to take this step in their spiritual life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders You have given me of Your love! Thank You for forgiveness of my sins! Thank You for Your grace and mercy! Thank You for the way You cleanse me so You can fill me with Your Holy Spirit so I can walk in obedience to Your desires! Thank You for the opportunities yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doc having strength to preach yesterday and then be able to go to lunch! May You be his strength today. May You continue to be with us as we await the results of the CT. I also pray for Your strength for: my Momma and sister as they have medical testing today; Shirley as she awaits biopsy results; Janice with her next steps with her diagnosis; Mike; Mike; Mick; my pastor friend going through chemo; Karen with the loss of Bob; my friend with neighbor issues; Angie; Corey; Brad with the loss of his grandmother; and so many others going through 'tough' times. May You be greater than their hurts. Thank You Jesus for being My Savior! Amen.

No comments: