Thursday, February 6, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Joshua 1:9 - "Drops In The Ocean"


The Lord woke me up in the middle of the night and then again this morning with these words to Drops in The Ocean going through my mind...

If you wanna know
How far my love can go
Just how deep, just how wide
If you wanna see
How much you mean to me
Look at my hands, look at my side
If you could count the times I'd say you are forgiven
It's more than the drops in the ocean
The drops in the ocean

I am for you
I'm not against you
I am for you
I'm not against you

It made me think about how many people I know who are not living with Him in their lives. It makes me sad to think about how different their lives could be if they would only accept Him. It saddens me to think about believers who hang onto the way they want things in life instead of allowing Him to be in control. Once again, their lives could be so different. Living for Christ doesn't make all your problems go away or make life easy but it it does make life easier because you don't have to do anything on your own strength. You don't have to make decisions because He directs you. When He is in control, fear is taken away of the 'what ifs' of the future. The enemy will still try to take you down but when you stand on His empowerment of II Timothy 1:7 you don't have to fear. Hearing doctors talk about the 'what ifs' of life can be disheartening but they do not have the final say. God does. He loves us so much that He will always be with us. He is beside us encouraging us through the 'tough' days. He is loving on us as only a Father can. I am reminded of Joshua 1:9 this morning. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Yes! He will never leave me but instead will empower me to stand in His love. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and Scripture that encourages me greatly to stand in Your empowerment! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for the forgiveness of my sins! Thank You for cleansing me today so You can fill me to overflowing with Your love! Thank You for going before us yesterday with the oncologist appointment! Thank You for getting an appointment so soon with the surgeon! Father, may You be with Doc and I as we wait on it. May You not allow the enemy to cause us grief but instead empower us to stand in the knowledge that You are not against us but for us. Lord, I pray this morning for Ellen who lost her brother and June who lost her father. May they feel Your presence during these 'tough' days. Lord, I pray You will be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today so people will see/hear You instead of me. I pray for opportunities to love on people today so they can come into relationship with You. Thank You Jesus for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: