Thursday, February 20, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; James 1:2-4 - "Prize Worth Fighting For"


As we finished up the study on the book of James last night I was reminded of the many teachings we have read about over the last few months. James 1:2-4 are verses that I've strived to live by over the years of living with M.S. This morning as I read it in different translations I pondered upon The Passion Translation

My fellow believers, when it seems as though you are facing nothing but difficulties see it as an invaluable opportunity to experience the greatest joy that you can! For you know that when your faith is tested it stirs up power within you to endure all things. And then as your endurance grows even stronger it will release perfection into every part of your being until there is nothing missing and nothing lacking.

Woo hoo! As I stand in the empowerment of II Timothy 1:7, not only will my faith grow but my ability to live a Christ-like life will also be more possible! The more we focus on Him instead of the troubles in life, the more capable we are of experiencing His joy. I woke up with these words going through my mind...

When every day is just another struggle
And every choice is an act of war
Gotta pray, gotta press on
To the prize worth fighting for
When it feels like I'll never make it
When my heart's crying out for more
Gotta pray, gotta press on
To the prize worth fighting for

Your love is my reward
The prize worth fighting for
Jesus, You're worth my all

Your love is my reward
Your love is my reward

Yes! We can never give up on living for God. We can never allow the enemy to steal our joy. We can never think we are not good enough for God but instead need to strive to be Christ-like. He is our Eternal Reward when we leave this earth. But to have Him for eternity we must live for Him while on this earth. It may not seem easy when our journey begins with Him but it becomes easier the closer we get to Him. His ways are easier to follow the more we practice them. His love is easier to share when we are filled to overflowing with it. The more we hear His voice, the more we will know His will. Woo hoo! I loved what my friend Kim wrote yesterday about how she was led to pray for us during the night. This is a perfect example of how when we live a James 1:2-4 kind of life He will bless us in abundance through tough situations...

I chuckled a little when I read Your blog. I also will pray about EVERY situation I can think of when I’m struggling with sleep. We are indeed sistahs!

Last night was different though. I started praying for you and Doc, and instead of focusing on 
the needs and the seriousness of the situations, I was lead to list the many “thank yous” that this season has brought you and Doc.  

* People who support you in prayer
* ...financially
*...acts of service
*people you’ve ministered to that otherwise you never would have met
* miracles
* increased understanding of the beauty of “normal” things
* your relationship with each other 
* and on and on

The list was so long. So many ways Abba has loved on you both. My heart rejoices that my friends are being so well cared for by our Lord.  

I’m rejoicing with you both.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the ten hours of sleep! Thank You for the study on the book of James that was completed last night! Thank You for Mr. Fran opening his home up for us! Thank You for being with us yesterday through the chemo and waiting on the call from the surgeon! May You continue to be with our anxious spirits as we continue to wait. I pray for Doc with the side effects from the chemo being nasty this week. May You be his strength. I pray the same for my friend Mick who is recovering from another round of chemo. Lord, be greater than what they are experiencing in their bodies. I pray for Mike and my pastor friend who are dealing with cancer to feel Your strength. Lord, cleanse me this morning so You can fill me to overflowing with more of Your love. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day. May You shine brightly through me as I strive to live the life You desire of me. I pray You will continue to heal Grace and John after their procedures. Thank You for them both being released from the hospital. Lord, take me where You desire today in my studies. Open my eyes up to more of Your wisdom. Keep my focus on You as I explore Your Word. Thank You Jesus for being My Eternal Reward! Amen.

No comments: