Friday, February 21, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Prov 3:5-6; Phil 4:13; Eph 6:10-20; James 1:2-4 - "I'm Alive"


Usually my prayers are for those out in the elements of hot weather but last night I prayed for those out in the cold and rain. I prayed for protection for them and warmth. I prayed for the families living in their cars to have gas to have some heat. My heart breaks for people who do not have homes. I know some circumstances are from their own doing but I also know there are people who are just going through tough times. I wish I could help every one of them but I can't. I know my best form of help is to pray for them to have God's protection and wisdom. It's so hard to see people along the road with signs asking for gas, money, or food. But before giving anyone anything I know I must pray and ask the Lord for wisdom. I am blessed to have a home with water and electric. I am blessed to have food in the refrigerator and on the shelves. I am blessed to have money for gasoline for our vehicles. Plain and simple. I am blessed. It doesn't make sense on paper how we are paying all the bills, having gas and grocery money, etc. without Doc working a second job. But God continues to provide. We may not always have everything we 'want' but we definitely always have everything we need! He is so, so good at loving on us. I am so grateful for His grace, mercy, and love. I woke this morning with a song Big Daddy Weave sings going through my mind...

But God
Rich in mercy
You came to save me
Now I'm alive
But God
Strong and mighty
You reached down for me
So I could rise

Yes! I'm alive because He died for me! I'm alive because He came back from the grave for me! I'm alive because He gives me life! Plain and simple. I'm alive. I need to live for Him every day. I need to strive to walk in obedience to Him. The only way for that to happen is for me to be in relationship with Him where I will not only hear His voice but desire to follow Him. I'm not sure how I would feel if I were living on the street. Would I still believe in God or would I give up hope? Would I still desire to walk with Him or would I allow the enemy his way in my life? Would I see God as my Heavenly Father who loves me or would I think He had abandoned me? Would I have hope or would I wallow in despair? Living on the streets is something I've never experienced and pray I will never do so. But we never know where God will lead us. If I lost all of my worldly possessions, I would still have God. But my faith would have to be mighty strong to not lose Him in the process. I pray I am always leaning on Him. I pray I am always standing on: the empowerment of II Timothy 1:7; the trust of Proverbs 3:5-6; and the strength of Philippians 4:8. I pray I always put on His armor found in Ephesians 6:10-20 and have His joy as in James 1:2-4. I am thankful this is the way I live. When we received the news yesterday from the surgeon that he is recommending radiation, we were thankful to continue to be on a proactive mode of healing instead of the palliative mode the oncologist spoke of. We were thankful to have a plan. We were thankful surgery is still a possibility in the future. Plain and simple. We were thankful. As my friend Crystal said, "I pray you are feeling the reassurance of God's plan today and not disappointment." Yes! That is exactly how we felt with the news. We were at peace. There were some who were upset over the news but we were not. We were thrilled we are still in the forward motion. God's got this. Pancreatic cancer is not too big for Him just as my breast cancer was not too big for Him. We know He will continue to be glorified through this situation. Woo hoo! We do not have to worry because He knows when and how Doc will be healed. All we have to do is continue to trust and wait on His time.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for all the ways You bless us! Thank You for the forward progress the surgeon is recommending! Father, I pray You will continue to give Doc strength when radiation is added to his regiment. I pray for protection over his organs. I pray for the radiation to kill the tumor so it can be removed. Thank You for our time together yesterday!  Lord, I also pray for Holly who is starting chemo for her newly diagnosed breast cancer and Amanda who was recently diagnosed with colon cancer. I pray for people to be with these young Momma's and love on them with Your love. I continue to pray for my pastor friend and Mick as they undergo chemo; Mike as he continues dealing with his cancer; Little Richie who will have his last treatment next month; June as she awaits another appointment; and Dave who sees the doctor on Monday to set-up his surgery. Lord, be greater than C in their lives and be greater than chemo and radiation side effects. I pray for a successful sinus surgery for Tommy today and safe travels for Lee. I pray for my friend waiting on MRI results for her back and Sharon's Momma to have Your peace. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me throughout this day. Go before me and open doors to share You with all I meet. I pray You will be with Doc as he continues to battle the fatigue upon him. Thank You Jesus for being My Life! Amen.

No comments: