Friday, February 14, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Whom Shall I Fear"


Every time I was awake during the night I prayed for Doc's appointment in Charleston. We do not have to fear the outcome because God already knows it. We know what we want to hear but we need to remember that His will is what we really need to hear. Emotions have been all over the place this week but I continue to pray for God to empower me through. Another thing that happened every time I was awake was the words to Whom Shall I Fear going through my mind...

Whom shall I fear
I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The one who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
Yes! He is always with me! He is My...

JEHOVAH JIREH – THE LORD our Provider
He continues to provide in so many ways but especially in our finances with loss of income!
JEHOVAH SABAOTH – The LORD our Protector

He protects us in ways we are not even aware of! 
JEHOVAH NISSI – THE LORD our Banner of Victory

He gives victory in the battles of life!
JEHOVAH SHAMMAH – THE LORD who is Near

We feel Him near us throughout every moment as we live in His presence!
JEHOVAH SHALOM – THE LORD our Peace

His peace cannot be understood by man but it possible when in relationship with Him!
JEHOVAH RAPHA – THE LORD our Healer

He has healed us in the past and we believe He will do it again!
JEHOVAH TSID KENU – THE LORD our Righteousness

He is the example we strive to follow as we walk the road of obedience to Him!
JEHOVAH RAAH – THE LORD our Shepherd, who Leads us and Loves us.

He directs every decision that is made in our lives! 
Yes! He is all of these to me! I do not know how people live without Him in their lives. I especially don't know how believers allow Him to be their Savior but not their Lord of Lords. I don't know how they get through the 'tough' days of life without His presence engulfing their beings. But it is not up to me to understand such things. It is up to me to walk in His will and love with His love. Hopefully as I do more people will come into complete relationship with Him. I desire people to see/hear Him instead of me. I desire for people to see me walk the road of obedience instead of going off on my own little tangents. The only way for the desires of my heart to stay like this is to live in His presence. I must be more intentional in being in His Word. I must be more intentional in my prayer life. I must be more intentional in not only listening to His voice but walking in obedience to it. Plain and simple. I must be more intentional. Woo hoo! I can do this through His empowerment. I will stand on II Timothy 1:7 today in a more intentional way. The enemy will not have his way as long as I do. This song begins with...

You hear me when I call
You are my morning song
Though darkness fills the night
It cannot hide the light
Whom shall I fear
You crush the enemy
Underneath my feet
You are my sword and shield
Though troubles linger still
Yes! He is the Light of my world. He empowers me to not fear things in this world but instead to stand in His strength as they come along. He empowers me to love with His love no matter what is happening in my little world. He empowers me to have the Holy Spirit's guidance throughout every day He gives me breath. Woo hoo! I am empowered by my Heavenly Father! I am empowered to not just get through this day but to shine brightly for Him! I am empowered to walk in His presence so I do not miss any opportunity He gives me! Plain and simple. I am empowered! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being My Jehovah Jireh; My Jehovah Saboath; My Jehovah Nissi; My Jehovah Shammah; My Jehovah Shalom; My Jehovah Rapha; My Jehovah Tsid Kenu; and My Jehovah Raah! Thank You for providing, protecting, giving victory, being near, giving peace, healing, being my example, and leading me! You are so awesome in the way You defeat the enemy for me. I praise Your Holy Name for every aspect of You in my life. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You show through my words, attitude, actions, and thoughts throughout the day that is ahead. May You empower me to not just get through it but to bless You in the process. Lord, go before us and give us exactly what we need. I pray for clarity and wisdom as we see the surgeon. I pray for strength for Doc in his physical body as we make the trip. Thank You for him feeling somewhat better yesterday after being so sick after chemo! Thank You for giving us a 'quiet' day to prepare for today! Lord, I pray for my sister who is having a stress test today and John who continues to be hospitalized for his health issues. Lord, I know the tears will come today no matter what the surgeon says but I pray You will keep my mind clear so I do not miss any important piece of information. Thank You for being My Morning Song! Amen.

No comments: