Friday, January 31, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Nobody"


When I sing the song Nobody, I start asking God how I can better fulfill the mission He put me on this earth for. I ask Him to give me a better focus so I can be victorious in this mission. I know it takes boldness to complete so I ask Him for more of that. I know I fall short some days but I also know He still loves me no matter what.

'Cause I'm just a nobody
Trying to tell everybody
All about Somebody who saved my soul
Ever since You rescued me
You gave my heart a song to sing
I'm living for the world to see
Nobody but Jesus
I'm living for the world to see
Nobody but Jesus

I do try to live my life so people will see Him. I strive to live out His love every day so people will feel it through my words, actions, and attitude. I pray for people to have the desire in their heart to have what I have. But I know I don't speak it near enough. I plant seeds easily with praying with people, saying 'have a blessed day' when I leave a place, etc. But I don't actually share the Gospel near enough. Shame on me! I definitely need to get better at doing so. I don't know why I don't. It's not like I'm afraid as I used to be. I know I am empowered by the Holy Spirit as I walk in II Timothy 1:7. So why do I not? Perhaps I get too busy with tasks. I'm not sure why but I do know I'm asking God to reveal to me more opportunities to not just plant seeds but to be bolder in my witness. I am asking Him to not allow circumstances of life to be distractions to being the person He has called me to be.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the yearning in my heart to be bolder in witnessing for You! Thank You for the way You bring songs to me to open my eyes up to what You desire of me! Thank You for supporting those songs with Scripture to encourage me! Woo hoo! Today is a new day. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day! Father, I need Your strength for the day ahead. I'm tired and worn but You are my Strength! I need physical, mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual strength. Praise Your Holy Name for providing exactly what I need. I pray the same for Doc. I pray against the 'icky' feeling he has; against the fatigue that weighs him down; and I pray for the CT scan this evening. Lord, may it show shrinkage in the tumor. May Your wisdom be his wisdom on next steps. Lord, I also pray for June and Shirley with their surgeries today. I pray for them to feel Your strength. I pray for Janice who sees/saw the oncologist this week to feel Your strength. I pray for the Marine graduating today whose mother and sister were killed in an accident as they were coming for the events. May You be close to her in a mighty way as You comfort her. Thank You Father for our time seeing Justin yesterday! I pray for him and all the recruits who are graduating today to seek You! I pray Your strength over my Momma and sister as they await their medical tests on Monday. Lord, so much sickness. So much pain. So much 'junk' in this world. I pray You return soon but I know there are still many who need to know You. Give boldness to all believers so more will come into relationship with You. Thank You for being My Boldness! Amen.


No comments: