Saturday, January 25, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Ephesians 6 - "Your Name"/"What A Beautiful Name-There Is Power"


God woke me up to this song this morning...

Your name is a strong and mighty tower
Your name is a shelter like no other
Your name, let the nations sing it louder
'Cause nothing has the power to save
But Your name

Jesus, in Your name we pray
Come and fill our hearts today
Lord, give us strength to live for You
And glorify Your name

Yesterday was another roller coaster type of day in many ways. God knew I needed the reminder that all I have to do to get through such days is praise His name, call out to Him, and allow Him to empower me with His strength. I do not have to fear anything. Instead all I need to do is live out II Timothy 1:7. As I do, He will be glorified. He used my conversation with a lady to explain sanctification. He used my presence with another one who is dealing with chemo effects. He used me to love on some yesterday who have few to love on them. Throughout all of this I still was feeling a little 'down' with what Doc is going through and with new challenges with the church building completion. This song reminded me this morning of another song that is one that is on my mind a lot.

There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus
To break every chain, break every chain, break every chain
To break every chain, break every chain, break every chain


Yes! His Name is so powerful! His Name is what makes me feel His empowerment go through me! His Name is more powerful than anything the enemy throws before me! His Name is all I need to say to glorify Him! He already knows my heart, my prayers, my hurts, etc. He knows all so I don't have to even voice anything but His Name. He also knows as I pray for others, my focus is off of self. As I pray for others who are going through 'tough' days, it enables me to get through what we are going through. Prayer empowers me to focus on God. He keeps me close to God. I am so ready for Christ's return but there are still so many loved ones and friends who are not in relationship with Him. It breaks my heart. If they would only realize what a life for Him on this earth would mean for them, maybe they would live for Him instead of themselves. It really breaks my heart to see people who call themselves believers yet don't live it. It also breaks my heart to see people who walked away from their beliefs. They no longer live with Him but have chosen to live the 'good life' with no restrictions. The only 'good life' is one centered around Christ. There are times I feel like a failure for not getting people's eyes opened to Him but I was not put on this earth to save everyone. I was put here to love with His love and allow Him to use me in whatever manner He desires. The enemy is running rampant in this world. He is trying to destroy families in many ways. His arrows are fast and furious. That is why it is important for all believers to wear the armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-20) every day. If we don't, satan's arrows may get us. We must: put on the breastplate of righteousness; carry the shield of faith; wear the shoes of peace, belt of truth, and the helmet of salvation. We also must remember to be in prayer so we stay in communication with God. As we do, we will be more empowered to stand upon the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. 

Jesus, in Your name we pray
Come and fill our hearts today
Lord, give us strength to live for You
And glorify Your name

This is my prayer every morning. I desire for Him to cleanse me so He can fill me with more of Himself. When He does, I am empowered to live as He so desires.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You encourage me! Thank You for the reminder that all I have to do is say Your name and I will be empowered through the 'tough' days! Thank You for the ways You used me yesterday to share Your love! Thank You for cleansing me this morning so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Thank You for going before me today and being my words, attitude, actions, and thoughts! Thank You for giving Doc what he needs to not just get through this day but to glorify You through it! Lord, I continue to pray for healing in his body while on this earth, sooner than later. I pray Your will for our lives. Thank You for blessing us yesterday through one's generosity! It amazes me how You take care of bills before they even are received. Thank You for being with my friend's family who are mourning her loss! Thank You for successful surgeries for my Momma and Nikki! Thank You for being the strength my friend needs whose husband left! Thank You for going before Jim and his group as they minister to my friends at Canterfield today! Thank You for the work that will be completed on the church building today! I pray for continued wisdom on finances for the project as things keep changing. Thank You for empowering people to live for You so the enemy does not win! I pray for all who are not in relationship with You to have someone before them that will show them Your love. Thank You for being My Empowerment! Amen.





No comments: