Wednesday, January 15, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; I Thessalonians 5:16-18; Various Other Scripture - "All Things Are Possible"


I have a choice today to lean into God's strength or allow the enemy an open door. The day ahead is not a 'pretty' one but if I allow God to work in and through me it will be ok. I have a friend with dementia that is constantly saying, 'If you would have told me ten years ago I  would be living in a place like this, I would have said you were crazy.' If anyone would have told me even one year ago I would be taking my husband for chemo treatments, I would have said they were crazy. C does not have any boundaries on who gets it. Just because I had it, doesn't mean my husband wouldn't. The day ahead is one we enter with great dread. As strong believers, many would think we shouldn't. But we are humans. We strive to not live in the flesh but rather in the Holy Spirit. We will strive to do so today but in order to do so we will have to be praying continually as Paul tells us in I Thessalonians 5:16-18.

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

This Scripture is challenging but doable. There is always something to rejoice about, no matter what you are going through. I woke up. Therefore, I am breathing. God has given me another day of life. I was blessed last night with the time with the children and teens. It was so nice to have Mr. Gavin there since he didn't have basketball. The fan in the car started working so I had air yesterday. My Momma had an encouraging doctor's appointment yesterday. My list goes on and on even in the midst of the trial we are in I have much to be thankful for. I know when I intentionally focus on God it is easier to walk in His will. Today I need to remind myself of many verses that keep me going when I feel like giving up.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord you God is with you whoever you go. Joshua 1:9

The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28:7

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one received the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. I Corinthians 9:24

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. Hebrews 12:1

Not by might, nor by power, but by the Spirit, says the Lord of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

Yes! God's word encourages me greatly. I will continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 throughout the day along with these others He brought before me this morning. I will put on the full armor of God so I can stand against the enemy when he comes knocking. I have on my helmet of salvation, breastplate of righteousness, sword of the Spirit, feet of peace, belt of truth, and the shield of faith (Ephesians 6). I am ready for the day ahead because I know God is in control. He will protect me from the enemy as I allow Him. He will go before me and pave the way for my steps as I allow Him. He will love on me with an abundance of His love as I allow Him. He will give me wisdom in every decision that is made as I allow Him. The key to living a life of obedience is to allow Him full control. We must die to self so we do not live in the flesh. We must realize the enemy is the one who controls our life if we do not allow God full control. Such a life is filled with anxiety, anger, fear, etc. A life of surrender to God is filled with peace no matter what the situation. Even when I feel like I can't on, God is there to encourage me. I am so grateful for that. I am praying for so many people who are in situations that seem impossible but we all need to remember Jesus' words to the disciples about who would go to heaven in Matthew 19:26. In The New Living translation it reads, Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible. I believe All Things Are Possible with God. He answers every prayer. His answer may not be what we desire or when we want it to happen but He always answers! I continue to pray for Doc to be healed while on this earth, sooner than later. Will that prayer be answered? Of course. It may not be the answer I want or in the timing I desire but I trust God that it will be answered. I was talking with one yesterday who was in a difficult situation. She prayed for God to resolve it. She didn't like His answer but I showed her how He did answer her prayer and she did not have anything to feel guilty about. Yesterday I was ready to ask others for prayer for the fan in the car to work. It was almost eighty degrees out and to not have air blowing was trying. I prayed and asked God to let the next bump cause it to come on and it did. I was shocked because I have prayed for the last few days that same prayer. Why did He finally answer it with a 'yes'? Why then? I don't know but I don't have to know! I have found that when God answers prayers in a different way or timing that I desire He has a reason. It doesn't matter His reasoning because He knows what is best for me. Today I will chose to stand upon many Scripture. I will stand in His empowerment so I can live out I Thessalonians 5:16-18 where I will rejoice, pray, and be thankful so I can walk in God's will without fear as He tells me in II Timothy 1:7.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the many Scriptures You gave me this morning to encourage me to not give up! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. May Your words, actions, attitude, and thoughts be mine today in a new, different way as I intentionally focus on You. Father, I pray the same for Doc as we go to the doctor and then chemo. I pray for Your encouragement to come down on him in a mighty way. Fill him up with Your love. May You bless him physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Lord, I pray the same for so many dealing with 'tough' situations in life. Steve; Jim; Corrie; Nancy; Patricia; Pattie; Shirley; Renee June; Shirley; Carl; Mike; James; Craig; Mike; my two pastor friends with C; Rita; Angie; Corey; Xavria; and so many others. May You be greater than what they are going through. May You shine brightly through all who are choosing You today. May people see and feel Your love through me today. Father, I continue to ask You for a healing in Doc's body while on this earth, sooner than later. Thank You Father for all the ways You encourage me. I am grateful to know All Things Are Possible with You! Thank You for being My Possible! Amen.


2 comments:

Sandi said...

This is so true. There is always an answer.

God is good. His timing and His ways are best. Like you said, there is always a reason.

"The fan in the car started working so I had air yesterday."

It's the little things that are the big things.

Thank you for sharing this. It blessed me.

I don't recall how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did.

My Strength said...

I'm glad you did find my blog. I pray blessings upon your day!