Wednesday, January 1, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Stand in Your Love"


I was determined to watch 2020 come in but fell asleep the last fifteen minutes of 2019. Thankfully Doc woke me up to watch the ball drop. I have not seen that happen in years. Now I know this morning why I don't normally stay up as I'm soooo tired. LOL. My Momma and Daddy always watched the New Year come in and I was always amazed even when they were older how they did it. I have much to be grateful for as 2020 is ahead. 

  • God is my focus every day. He gives me breathe every morning to wake up and He directs my life. I pray for a deepening in my walk with Him.
  • My husband continues to fight the cancer in his pancreas and it continues to stay contained. I pray for healing in his body while on this earth.
  • My family loves me and blesses me along with my friends. Some people seem more like family than friends. We have been so blessed in so many ways since May with Doc's health issues. People truly have showered us with God's love. I pray all who have blessed us will be blessed themselves. Our Christmas trip to Ohio and Tennessee was such a blessing. We made some awesome memories that fill my emotional tank.
  • Our church building is getting closer to completion. We have been blessed with God giving us strength and wisdom in this process. I pray for our perseverance to be blessed with the building to be filled when the doors open.
There are so many hurting people on my prayer list that I pray 2020 will draw them closer to God. We do not have to fear cancer, death, etc. Instead we can stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in God's love. His love empowers us to do what He has called us to do. The words to Stand In Your Love are on my mind this morning...

When darkness tries to roll over my bones
When sorrow comes to steal the joy I own
When brokenness and pain is all I know
Oh, I won't be shaken, no, I won't be shaken

'Cause my fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love!

All we have to do to get through 'tough' times is believe in Him and allow Him to work in and through us. As we do, we will be empowered with His strength. He will direct our steps to go where He desires us to go. He will give us wisdom with decisions that need made. He will be our words, actions, and attitude as we allow Him to be. There really is no better way to live. Sometimes we need reminded that we do not go through anything He has not already been through. We also need reminded He is with us as we go through every moment of every day. His strength is available to us but we must allow Him to give it to us. These days of dealing with cancer in Doc's body are not 'fun' but they have drawn us deeper in our faith. I don't like the emotional roller coaster of the situation but I know He is with me whether in the valley or on the mountaintop. It is not 'easy' to think last night might be our last New Year's Eve together on this earth but no matter what is ahead God is with us. Oh how I pray for a miraculous healing in Doc. I pray for the days of chemo to be gone with restoration of a clean bill of health. I pray this will happen on this earth and not through death. The tears come when I think of him not being with me but God knows my heart and He will be my strength through whatever lies ahead. I know the roller coaster ride will stop in His time. I just need to continue to 'hang on' and not quit allowing Him to work in and through the situation. I also need to not give the enemy any open door to cause fear to creep in.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the encouragement You give me through Your Word and this song! Thank You for another new year ahead! Thank You for the way You are working in our lives! Thank You for continuing to empower us through these 'tough' days with the cancer in Doc's pancreas! May today be a better day for him than yesterday. May he feel Your empowerment in a new, different way! I also pray for: Scott who is fighting for his life; Nancy with the death of her husband; the little boy in my dream who watched his mother killed and then was put into human trafficking; many who lost loved ones during 2019; those who lost jobs in 2019 and especially those who continue to seek employment; those dealing with disease in their physical bodies; and most of all those who need to come into relationship with You or already know You but are not walking in obedience to You. Lord, may You be so very real to all of these ones. Thank You Jesus for being My 2020 Vision! Amen.

 

No comments: