Thursday, January 16, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Galatians 6:9 - "Everything I Need"


The Lord brought to me this morning a song Kutless sings...

When every step is so hard to take 
And all of my hope is fading away 
When life is a mountain that I can not climb 
You carry me, Jesus carry me. 

You are strength in my weakness 
You are the refuge I seek 
You are everything in my time of need 
You are everything, You are everything I need 

When every moment is more than I can take 
And all of my strength is slipping away 
When every breath gets harder to breathe 
You carry me, Jesus carry me 

I'm not sure how people get through life without Jesus carrying them. He is definitely Everything I Need. Yesterday was a tough day with Doc's doctor appointment and then chemo. I ended up resting with him the rest of the day, doing very little of anything else. I am so grateful for the people He puts in my life to encourage me. Gay's encouragement with Galatians 6:9 was exactly what I needed yesterday. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. These days in ministry are hard without Doc being able to be with me most of the time. But I cannot quit. People need me to continue loving with His love even when I am struggling myself. I just have to be wise and allow Him to guide me. Yesterday was a good example of allowing God to fill my tank up as I rested with Doc instead of giving of myself to others. Sometimes the calendar just has to be cleared for such times. I am so grateful for the way God provides in this manner. I also am grateful for the way he uses songs like this one this morning to remind me He is here for me. I know He is all I need to not only get through this situation with C in Doc's body but for Him to be glorified through it. I know He is the Only One who can strengthen me to not just get through this time but to be who He has called me to be through it. Today, as the rain is falling outside I feel like the tears are ready to fall. I cannot give into allowing the enemy an open door. I cannot go into a dark place but instead allow God to heal my hurts through the tears and carry me through whatever lies ahead. I am reminded of a quote of Corrie ten Boom this morning:

“You may never know that JESUS is all you need, until JESUS is all you have."

Yes! People can encourage me, love on me, etc. but only Jesus can perform the healing in Doc's body. He may do that miraculously, through doctors and medication, or through death but He is the only One who can. He is so good at encouraging me through music, people, circumstances, etc. He is so good at loving on me exactly how I need loved. He is so good at providing for me exactly what I need. Plain and simple. He is so good. This morning He reminded me that He is with me and I need not fear. He reminded me all I need to do is trust Him and walk in His empowerment. He did not give me a spirit of fear but instead one of power, love, and self-control (II Timothy 1:7). This verse reminds me to not try to figure out how bills will paid. It reminds me to not worry about the future put live in the moment God has given me. It reminds me He will put people before me today that will be opportunities to love with His love. He desires me to do exactly that and nothing else. I may not 'like' this walk we are on in life but I need to respect it. I need to remember He is carrying me through every moment of every day. He is with me, speaking to me as He desires. I just need to live in His presence so I not only hear His voice but I walk in obedience to it. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning that reminds me You are Everything I Need! Thank You for the people who encouraged us greatly yesterday! Thank You for always being here with me! Father, as the tears fall this morning would You heal my hurts? Would You cleanse my spirit so You can fill me with Your Holy Spirit? Would You empower me so the enemy does not have an open door in our situation? This is so hard and I know You will be the Only Way for me to get through these tough days. I know I must lean more into You. I pray for physical, mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual strength not only for myself but for Doc. I pray against side effects of yesterday's treatment. I pray You will empower him to be the servant You have called him to be. I pray the same for myself. I ask You do the same for: my pastor friend who is starting back on chemo today after having to take a break; Rita; Little Richie who had chemo yesterday; Little Finn who had another set-back in his health; Mike with his heart ablation coming up; Mr Fran who is so weak in his physical body; Mike; Carrington's neighbor; Day's neighbor; Shirley with an upcoming cancer surgery; another friend with an upcoming cancer surgery; Jason; Craig; and so many others having 'tough' days with health issues. I pray for their caretakers to feel You carrying them through their days. Father, I pray for Your words, thoughts, attitude, and actions to be mine today. I pray You will empower me to be more intentional in living out II Timothy 1:7. Thank You Jesus for being Everything I Need! Amen.


No comments: