Thursday, January 23, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Ephesians 6:10-20 - "Rescue"


Last night on the way home from Prayer Time Lauren Daigle's song Rescue came on the radio. Throughout the night when I was awake the lyrics were on my mind. I am so grateful I have Hope in my life. I don't know how people get through 'tough' days without Him. My prayers during the night were for Doc as he goes through another week of the after effects of chemo and others who are going through medical tests, procedures, etc. I prayed for ones on Hospice and ones with recent deaths in their family. After going through my list God had me settle in on praying for a time for those who do not know Him, those who do not experience Him as their Hope. My heart breaks for people who don't think they have a need to be in relationship with God. Some turn to drugs/alcohol. Some turn to food. Some turn to sex. Some have money and feel like that is all they need in life. Money buys 'stuff' and takes care of bills. All of these things may make them feel good and keep them happy for a short time but they do not even hold a candle to how God makes us feel. The words to this song tell us what He does for us. He rescues us...is with us...shelters us...protects us...hears us and responds to us. Woo hoo!

I will send out an army
To find you in the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you

There is no distance
That cannot be covered
Over and over
You're not defenseless
I'll be your shelter
I'll be your armor

I hear you whisper underneath your breath
I hear your SOS, your SOS


I love the hope this song gives to me in the season we are in right now. I love the knowledge that I am not defenseless! I put on my Ephesians 6 armor and stand upon II Timothy 1:7 every day so I am ready for whatever comes my way. As I listen to this song, I get the picture of me climbing up onto my Heavenly Daddy's lap and allowing Him to soothe me. It's ok to cry because He created my tears to cleanse my hurts. It's ok to speak frustration because He already knows it. It's ok to tell Him I'm sorry for the opportunities I miss as I am distracted by the C in Doc's body because He forgives me. It's ok that I feel like I can't handle anymore of the 'tough' days because He hears my distress and gives me peace. Plain and simple. It's ok! For this knowledge, I am grateful. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You brought this song to me last night, throughout the night, and again this morning! Thank You for being my Hope in the 'tough' times of life! Thank You for going before me today and leading me in Your will. Father, in order to do that I need a cleansing in my spirit so I can be filled with more of Your Holy Spirit. I pray I do not miss any opportunity You put before me today to share Your love. My prayers during the night were for Doc as he goes through another week of the after effects of chemo; Crystal's Mom who had knee surgery yesterday; Mike who had a heart procedure yesterday; Mr. Fran; my Momma as she has eye surgery tomorrow; Nikki who has surgery today; Craig in rehab; Mike and his family with the loss of his brother-in-law; Joy and her family with the recent diagnosis with her brother; David and Gwen with his recent diagnosis; my friend Joanne with changes in her healthcare; Doug with back issues; Angie, Corey, and Austin who need to know the Lord loves him and need healed; and so many others with needs. My list is so long but thankfully not too long for God! Thank You Jesus for being The One to Hear My SOS! Amen.

No comments: