Thursday, January 2, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 5:1-3 - "Stand In Your Love"/"Fear Is A Liar"


I was awake quite awhile during the night talking with God. He brought the words to Stand in Your Love once again to my mind.

'Cause my fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love!


I don't think I am feeling fearful but there is a reason that He keeps II Timothy 1:7 on my mind and gives me songs about fear. Another song He brought to me was Fear Is A Liar. 

Fear he is a liar
He will take your breath
Stop you in your steps
Fear he is a liar
He will rob your rest
Steal your happiness
Cast your fear in the fire
Cause fear he is a liar

The enemy causes fear. He is the one that tries to tear us down spiritually so we will believe him instead of God. He is the one to pull us out of relationship with God. He is the one to tell us whatever he can to convince us God does not love us. It is sad to see believers be sucked into his shenanigans. God does love us. In fact, He loves us so much that He sent His only son to die for us. He loves us even when we pull away from Him. He loves us whether we are on fire for Him or lukewarm in our relationship with Him. He loves us when we are strong in our faith and He loves us when we are weak in it. Plain and simple. He loves us. He loves for us to spend time with Him. I love starting my day with Him. The three days I couldn't blog or write in my journal were different but I did not allow my not being able to type or write due to pain stop me from spending time with Him. I was reminded yesterday of Psalm 5. The first three verses of this chapter read in The Passion Translation...

Listen, Yahweh, to my passionate prayer!
Can’t you hear my groaning?
Don’t you hear how I’m crying out to you?
My King and my God, consider my every word,
for I am calling out to you.
At each and every sunrise you will hear my voice
as I prepare my sacrifice of prayer to you.
Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on the altar
and wait for your fire to fall upon my heart.


I love these verses! King David had a relationship with God. He wasn't always doing what was right yet He knew God was there for him. He started his days out with God. I love how he describes his life in verse three. Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on the altar and wait for your fire to fall upon my heart. That is exactly how I want to start every day of my life. I want Him to know that I am His obedient servant who is ready to do as He pleases in the day ahead. I desire to have His fire to fall upon my heart in a new, different way in the day ahead. I desire to have His empowerment to not just get through today but for Him to be glorified through it. I need His strength physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and spiritually today in a mighty way. I stand in the knowledge that He will provide exactly what I need to do His will. Woo hoo! Maybe God keeps bringing songs and Scripture to me so I will not fall into the enemy's traps. The opposite of fear is faith. My faith continues to go deeper instead of wavering as I continue to pray for a healing in Doc's body. It continues to become more real to me as I wait for God's time for that to happen.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the way You encourage me when the enemy tries to tear me down! Thank You for the knowledge that You are with me and empowering me with Your strength! Thank You for directing me to do what You so desire of me to do! Father, I pray for Your strength for Doc today. I pray You will empower him as he prepares the sermon You put on his heart. I pray he will have a better day physically and emotionally today. May You be greater than his physical ailments. I also pray Your strength for Nancy today with her husband's calling hours and with the funeral tomorrow; Your wisdom for Scott's family as decisions have to be made; and for many who are hurting including Amy, Billie, and Bob. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of Your love. Empower me to stand against the enemy in a mighty way through Your Holy Spirit. Thank You Jesus for being My Empowerment! Amen.


No comments: