Friday, January 24, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Ephesians 6:10-20; Proverbs 3:5-6; Galatians 2:20; Romans 12:1-2 - "Confidence"


Last night during our prayer time Doc and I talked about so many people who are going through 'tough' days. Right before we prayed I received a message of yet another death to cancer. My heart breaks for the family who watched their loved one suffer. The roller coaster ride with C is not fun. Yesterday was not a 'horrible' day for Doc yet it was one where he was in bed most of the day due to chemo side effects. It was a 'tough' day for me. I was thankful the calendar was clear so I did not have to leave him. Being able to make breakfast for him along with a pot of soup and dinner was a blessing for me. God knew I needed it. The days I have to be gone are so hard but yet I know God continues to be my strength. I was thinking this morning about Simone and Trenton as they watch little Weston go to surgery. I'm sure they've been on a roller coaster ride since his birth. David is just starting his roller coaster ride with newly being diagnosed with throat cancer. A friend continues with her roller coaster ride as her husband of many years has moved out. The one thing all of these dear friends have in common with us is the Lord. He is our Hope. He is our Strength. He is our Heavenly Daddy who takes us up on His lap and soothes our hurts. He is our Rock. Plain and simple. He is our Everything. The Lord reminded me of what we all need to do through the words to a song He woke me with this morning.

So give me faith like Daniel in the lion's den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence

Yes! The 'giants' before us are NOT anything God can't handle. They are NOT anything that surprises God. All we have to do to face them with confidence is know He lives in and through us. He is the One who can empower us to not fear them but to be able to...

I'm gonna sing and shout and shake the walls
I won't stop until I see them fall
Gonna stand up, step out when you call...Jesus

The way to do this is by standing upon His empowerment of II Timothy 1:7 with the armor of Ephesians 6 and by living out Proverbs 3:5-6. But we can't do that until we surrendered every aspect of our life to Him. We must realize the type of life of Galatians 2:20 and live as Paul directs in Romans 12:1-2. Then, and only then, we will be able to live a life of obedience, walking in His perfect will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being with me last night with the start of a migraine! Thank You for giving me some rest! Thank You for being with Doc yesterday with the way he was feeling! Thank You for clearing the calendar so I could be home! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. May I have Your thoughts, words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May You empower me over the physical ailments of my body so I do not miss any opportunity to share Your love. Father, I pray for so many people who are on a roller coaster ride with health issues themselves or loved ones. I pray for the family who watched their loved one take her last breathe last night to feel Your peace. I pray for so many who are dealing with disease, addiction, marriage issues, and financial issues but most of all I pray for those who are dealing with spiritual issues. Lord, I especially pray for Little Weston and my Momma who are having surgery today and my dear friend Karen whose husband was placed with Hospice yesterday. May You be their strength. Thank You Jesus for being My Giant Slayer! Amen.

No comments: