Sunday, January 26, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Ephesians 6:10-20; Galatians 2:20; Romans 12:1-2 - "I Am Not Alone"


Not much sleep happened last night but there sure was a lot of praying happening. God had me praying for pastors a lot, especially my pastor. This cancer is so hard on him. It is not easy watching him be so weak and sick. I continue to pray for God to heal him while on this earth, sooner than later. I know God has a plan and His time is the perfect time but the waiting is hard. I also prayed for a pastor friend going through chemo to have His strength along with her husband. My prayers were for everyone but especially pastors to remember the words to a song Kari Jobe sings called I Am No Alone.

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

There are so many people going through 'tough' days. I believe these days are part of spiritual warfare. We cannot allow the enemy to steal the joy Jesus gives us. We cannot allow our circumstances to pull us away from the Lord but instead need to use them to press deeper in our faith. We cannot allow the enemy to fool us with lies that Jesus doesn't love us or isn't with us. Plain and simple. We cannot allow the enemy to win. We must put on the full armor of God every morning (Ephesians 6:10-20). We must not fear but instead stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit every day (II Timothy 1:7). We must trust God no matter what happens (Proverbs 3:5-6). The only way for this to happen is for us to die to self as Paul tells us in Galatians 2:20 and live a Romans 12:1-2 kind of life.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:1-2

God's peace will be our peace when we live a Spirit-filled life. His strength will be ours to get through days that seem impossible. His love will flow from us only when we live such a life. The song continues...

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see Your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You
Lord, You fight my every battle
And I will not fear

Yes! He will fight our battles. We do not have to fear: the break-up of a marriage; the death of a loved one; personal or church financial worries; cancer treatments; etc. All we have to do is love the Lord and allow Him to fill us with His Holy Spirit so we see life through His eyes. As we do, He will be there to give His wisdom. He will love with unconditional love that only He can give. We are never alone. He is always with us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray throughout the night for many people, especially pastors! Father, I pray for my pastor to be encouraged today. I pray You will touch Doc with a physical healing. I pray he will feel Your strength today in a mighty way. I also pray You will bless me with Your strength. Cleanse me so You can fill me with Your Holy Spirit. May You speak through me as I preach today in a mighty way. May You flow out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray the same for all pastors today. I ask You touch ones who are feeling alone. Put people before them who will make a difference in their lives. Father, especially be with: Brad; Kim; Craig; and Carl during these 'tough' days. Father, I pray for Steve who is returning to the pulpit today to feel Your presence in his life. I also pray for Jess and her family with their loss. I ask that You put people in their path to love on them with Your love. Thank You Jesus for being My Lord! Amen.

No comments: