Sunday, January 12, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Hebrews 10:23-25 - "Brother"


I prayed for pastors before going to sleep and then again when God woke me up during the night. I prayed for them to effectively present what God laid on their hearts. I also prayed for the people to be there who God wanted and for them to have open ears and hearts. Sometimes God will have me pray for someone who is allowing the enemy to keep them from being in service. I have learned when God puts specific people in my prayers to pray for them but not allow their actions to be taken personally. They are dealing with a strong force who is working against God in their live. Not only do I pray for that particular situation but I also pray for them to stand up against the enemy other times. I pray for them to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 as I intentionally do every day. I pray for all pastors to do the same. This world is trying to tear everyone apart but especially those who follow Christ. It is ok to disagree on things but arguing gives the enemy an open door. I read a discussion between pastors this week about the purpose of community worship. It saddened my heart on some of the remarks made. In the NIV Hebrews 10:23-25 reads:

23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. 24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. 25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.

This section of Scripture is about how we need to persevere as we await Christ's return. It is all about saying 'no' to the devil and 'yes' to God. We are to live for Him with the hope of His return in our heart; trust Him; motivate one another; and encourage one another. One of the greatest ways to encourage a pastor to is be active participants in the church. It blesses a pastor's heart: 
  • to see people desire to learn by participating in Sunday school and Bible studies.
  • seeing people bring their family and friends to church services. 
  • raising their children in church.
  • giving sacrificially of their money and time for the Lord's work.
  • living a life sold-out to God.
I love to encourage people. I know the importance of it in my own life when people encourage me. I would not be able to get through life without the encouragement of my Heavenly Father and others. Last night when I felt like I could not go on all I had to do was ask some friends to pray for me. I soon felt His peace inside my soul. Pastors need to have people they can call on for encouragement. Some situations call for the pastor to give no explanation other than prayer is needed. They must have people in their circle who are willing to pray with no explanation. It is also important to have people who are willing to maybe never knowing the details. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to pray for pastors last night! Thank You for giving me the words from Hebrews which speak directly to my prayers! Thank You for the privilege to bring Your Word this morning! I wish it were not because of Doc being sick but I am grateful to be called to be Your willing servant. Father, I pray for all pastors to be encouraged this morning. I pray for Your will to shine brightly through each and every one of us. I pray for blessings over Kim who is also bringing the Word in her husband's place today. May Your love pour out of her in a mighty way. I pray for pastors who are discouraged to have something happen, something said, or someone come into service today that will encourage them. I also pray for Corey and Angie who are in critical condition. Lord, they need a physical healing but most of all they need a spiritual healing. I pray for someone to bring You to them in a way they will receive You. My heart breaks for their family. May You be the soothing balm in their lives today. Thank You Jesus for being My Soothing Balm! Amen.