Friday, January 3, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Different"


There are times in life where someone will say or do something that hurts us. Sometimes that hurt is superficial and goes away when we pray. Other times it is deep to the core of our being and lingers on. It is the deep to the core times that hurt the most. These times are the times where we wonder if we will ever be 'ok' again. There are words or actions that trigger this hurt that make you want to give up on the relationship. You question what you ever did to deserve such treatment. You begin to wonder what is wrong with you and how you need to change. I have to remember that God makes all of us different. He makes us see things differently. Another aspect that comes into play with such situations is the enemy. When he is allowed into one's life, he will cause as much havoc as he can. He will cause division whenever he can. He thrives on conflict whereas God thrives on contentment. I must remind myself of these things. I must remember that God empowers me to love with His love no matter what. He empowers me to be who He has called me to be no matter what obstacles come my way. II Timothy 1:7 tells me I do not have to fear the antics of the enemy but instead need to stand in the empowerment of my Heavenly Father. He knows all. He knows the outcome of situations that seem bleak. Most of all He knows my heart. I need to keep a pure heart so He can work in and through me. Throughout the night I was awake often praying about a relationship with hurts. I prayed for God to change my heart where it needed changed in regards to this situation. I asked Him to open my eyes up to whatever I did that caused this person to hurt me. He brought the words to Different to my mind.

I wanna be different
I wanna be changed
'Til all of me is gone
And all that remains
Is a fire so bright
The whole world can see
That there's something different
So come and be different
In me!

This is the answer to all of life's problems. We must be cleansed of anything not of God so He can fill us to overflowing with His Holy Spirit. That does not mean all of life's problems will be gone but instead it means we will see life through His eyes. As we do, He will empower us to work through tough situations with His love. He will give us His wisdom on what to say or do in every situation. Recently, I had an opportunity to approach a person whose actions hurt me. God told me to "be silent" so I was. In my flesh, I had words to say but I am thankful in my spirit I listened to Him. Maybe some day He will give me the opportunity to say something to them but it has to be in His time. I continue to pray for them. I pray for their eyes to be opened to the hurt they put on me. I also pray for them to realize if they are intentionally hurting me they are giving the enemy an open door into their life and are putting a wall between them and God. We cannot exercise intentional hurt and still be unified with Christ. That is why it is so important to ask Him to reveal such things to us. When He does reveal them, we need to repent of our words and actions. I don't want anything to be between Him and I. I wanna be different...I wanna be changed...yes! I don't want to be Sheila Burrows but instead want to be Sheila Burrows who is living a godly life with Him leading me every minute of the day. I desire to fulfill the desires of His heart. I do not want to miss any opportunity He puts before me. Therefore, I need to stay prayed up and ready to be His obedient servant. He will heal my hurts and bring restitution to my relationships. He will love on me as I love with His love on others. He will put opportunities before me to be who He has called me to be. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love and for the opportunities You will put before me today! Thank You for what I accomplished yesterday in the house! Thank You for giving Doc rest yesterday! Oh Father, I pray he has a better day today. I don't understand why he is feeling so bad when he hasn't had chemo for two weeks. I continue to pray for healing in his body while on this earth. I also continue to pray for: healing in Scott's body and strength for his family; families who are struggling with the children home from school; many who are dealing with colds/flus such as Donna, Darlene, Carolynn's family, and many others; those seeking employment such as Melanie; marriages that are crumbling; Nancy as she has her husband's funeral today; and so many who are going through 'tough' days. May You be greater than the hurts of life. May You empower each of us with Your strength and wisdom. Thank You Jesus for being My Difference Maker! Amen.

No comments: