Thursday, January 30, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Phil 3:14; Ephesians 6:10-20; Romans 12:1-2; Matt 22:36-40 - "Prize Worth Fighting For"



I woke up with Paul's words when he wrote the book of Philippians. It is amazing he wrote these words while in prison...

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Wow! I love his walk with the Lord. He didn't let anything take his focus off of God. Instead he went deeper in his faith and trust. He knew God was always with Him and He knew where he would go when he left this earth. As I live on the road of obedience I can have that same assurance. I do not have to fret over where I will spend eternity. I do not have to question whether I will be in heaven or hell when I leave this earth. I know my Savior loves me and will spend eternity with me. Woo hoo! 

All I have to do is keep my eye on the prize as Paul did in Philippians 3:14!
Keep my focus on Him! Stand on II Timothy 1:7 in His empowerment! 
Put on HIs full armor (Ephesians 6:10-20) every day to keep the enemy away! 
Live out Proverbs 3:5-6 so He continues to be my Focus! 
Make sure I am living as Paul directed in Romans 12:1-2!

Woo hoo! I love how He encourages me! I love how His Word directs me! I love how He blesses me through people! Plain and simple. I love Him with my whole being. That's why I can say the two greatest commandments with deep meaning. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:36-40). His love must flow out of us if we desire to live for Him. Before that can happen we must die to self so the Holy Spirit can lead us in making every decision in life. When we do this, His peace is with us no matter what our circumstances. 

When every days just another struggle 
And every choice is an act of war
Gotta pray gotta press on
To the prize worth fighting for
When it feels like I'll never make it
When my hearts crying out for more
Gotta pray gotta press on 
To the prize worth fighting for

The battle rages on 
But Your promise keeps me strong 
I know I'll will win this race 
With Your unfailing grace

Your love is my reward


Yes! His love is my reward as I keep pressing onto the prize of living for eternity with Him. The promises I find in His Word keep me going. A key to staying focused on Him is my prayer life with Him. The only way I can not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it is through communicating with Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the encouragement from Your Word and this song this morning! Thank You for the opportunities to share Your love with others yesterday! May You cleanse me so You can fill me today to fulfill every opportunity You put before me today! May You be greater than the 'junk' of this world in not only my life but everyone's life. May You have more people come into relationship with You today and more believers come into full relationship with You. Lord, there are so many people with so many needs on my prayer list. I am thankful You already know my prayers even before I speak them. But I do want to especially pray for Doc to not be so fatigued so he can be the man You have called him to be. I pray for Your direction as he prepares his sermon and Your clarity as he continues to get things lined up for the building. May You be greater than the 'chemo brain' he is dealing with. Thank You Jesus for the way You have opened doors for Craig and his family! May You continue to heal him and encourage him. Thank You for the strength You are giving Bonnie and her family through these days of the loss of her brother! May You continue to be their strength. Thank You for the way You are opening doors for Kim and her family! May You continue to guide them through this nasty road they are on. Lord, I continue to ask for Your will with our building rehab. May You reveal to us what we need to do to get this project completed. I also ask for Your peace for my dear Momma as she awaits medical testing. Thank You Jesus for being My Prize Worth Fighting For! Amen.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Amen to all these things!

My Strength said...

Blessings Sandi....