Friday, January 17, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Blessings"


I was reminded of Corrie ten Boom's quote late last night as I talked with one whose marriage recently ended in divorce. 


“You may never know that JESUS is all you need, until JESUS is all you have."

I shared this quote with him and he agreed this is the truth. He has not only realized just how much he wants to continue life with his wife but even more important that he needs to get back to his roots with the Lord. I loved what he said. "I have gone back to my roots and am putting all my eggs in God's hands, the ultimate egg basket." Woo hoo! I've prayed many prayers for him to have open eyes and heart for the Lord. I continue to pray for him as he seeks to restore the relationship with his wife. I am praising God for another husband who over the weekend told his wife and the mother of their five children he was done with marriage and leaving to change his mind and come back to his family. I'm praising Him for his decision and also praying for their marriage as they work on restoration. I continue to pray for a marriage that is over after many years of there really not being a marriage in the way God intended. I pray for wisdom for the wife as she deals with all the decisions the husband is making out of the marriage. God can still perform a miracle in their situation but before restoration can happen the husband needs to find the Lord. Can that happen? Of course. My God can do anything! I think of a picture I saw the other day...



Yes, He can! Yesterday was a miracle as Doc and I spent the afternoon out. We visited the daffodil field, ate lunch out, and did a shopping trip to Sam's. It seemed like a 'normal' day for a few hours. God knew we needed it after this last week of him being so miserable. He knew our emotional tanks would be filled with such an afternoon. I was tired but blessed with Doc even being able to drive some of the trip. These months since the cancer diagnosis have seen few such times. In the beginning, life was very tough with not having such times. Then in the middle of the months we seemed to have more 'good' days where we could have 'normal' times but then these last months have been less of such times. Many days for him are spent in the house resting. But even on those days I know my husband loves me and more importantly I know God loves me. He has provided physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most importantly spiritual strength to us in abundance. The other day I was thinking about how Dr. Berke was so adamant that our marriage was ok when I would go alone for an appointment in the early stages of the MS. If Doc was not with me, he wouldn't even examine me until he found out why. I didn't understand until one day he explained people with MS have a 75% divorce rate because many spouses can't handle the demands and unknown. I was thinking about how I'm sure the divorce rate is high in cancer patients too. If people do not have the Lord to turn to in such times, I'm sure it would be too hard to handle. I am grateful the Lord gives me exactly what I need to be able to be who my husband needs me to be. I am grateful for the way God leads me to love with His love. I am so grateful for days like yesterday where we made some awesome memories. Praise God for empowering us through the 'good' and the 'bad' days as we stand upon II Timothy 1:7!



Dear Jesus,
Thank You so much for the memories that were made yesterday with our afternoon out! Thank You for giving strength to both of us! Thank You for giving Doc a 'good' day! Father, I pray against the side effects that started last night to not be with him today. I pray for Your strength for him to not just get through the day but for You to be glorified in it. Lord, be with the marriages that need You to be their Center. Thank You for the husband who is seeking You in restoring his marriage and the husband who has came back to his wife and children.
I pray for the Miller's who have embarked on their missionary journey this week. I pray for strength in their marriage as they continue to learn how to work together not only as a married couple but as missionaries. I pray continued strength in Scott and Emily Armstrong's marriage as they are on the mission field. I also pray You will be with Jourdan and Tim as they exchange vows tomorrow. May You be in the center of their marriage. As we sat eating lunch yesterday we were reminded of eating at Five Guys with John and Renee Harris years ago in Sandusky. May You continue to give Renee strength and wisdom as she is on the new road of life without him. I pray the same for: Jim, Pattie, Patty, Shirley, Steve, Rebecca, Peggy, June, Nancy, Corrie and many others who have lost spouses. May You be their strength. Thank You Jesus for the blessings of my marriage and for being My Ultimate Egg Basket! Amen.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

It is His will to restore.