Tuesday, January 21, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Ephesians 6; Philippians 4:13; Proverbs 3:5-6; I Thess 5:16-18 - "Let It Rain"


The Lord woke me to the words to a song Crowder and Mandisa sing. I think He did it to remind me that He is the God of the sunshine just as much as He is the God of the rain.

Is there anybody's mountain
Too tall to climb?
Is there anybody's faith feel
Like you're running dry?

Let me tell you, He's able, He's done it for me
He's done it for me
He can make every mountain, He'll throw that mountain into the sea

So let it rain, let it pour
Lord, I need You more and more (Lord, I need You more and more)
Let it rain, rain down on me
Every day, whatever You want
Not my will but Yours, Lord (Not my will)
Let it rain, rain down on me


Yes! God is bigger than the mountain of cancer! He is bigger than the finishing of a church building! He is bigger than aches and pains in our bodies! He is bigger than strained relationships! He is bigger than a hurting heart! Plain and simple. He is bigger! Woo hoo! I was reminded of these pictures I saw the other day...




God is not going to stop being with us through the 'tough' days. He is not going to stop lavishing us with His love. He has given us some almost 'normal' hours throughout the last few days. I am so grateful for the memories we have made. I also am grateful that He continues to encourage me to pray for Doc's healing while on this earth, sooner than later. As he goes for a scan sometime within the next week it will be easy to fear the results. But if I do I would not be living the way God desires. So instead I will stand upon II Timothy 1:7 with my Ephesians 6 armor on against the enemy. I will walk in Philippians 4:13 and live out Proverbs 3:5-6. I will heed to Paul's advice in I Thessalonians 5:16-18 because I know that is what God desires of me. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder that You are the God of the sunshine as well as the rain! Thank You for loving us so greatly! Father, cleanse me so I can be filled with more of Your Holy Spirit. I pray Doc has the same prayer on his heart. Lord, use us for Your glory. Take the 'tough' days of rain and turn them into days of sunshine. Go with Doc tomorrow and bless him with no side effects to the chemo. Father, I pray for those who are going through 'tough' days to realize Your love for them in a mighty way. I pray for: Rita; my pastor friend taking chemo; Jim; Shirley; Lisa; Mike; Mr. Fran; Mike; a man they found a mass; Angie; Corey; Sonja; and so many others. I pray for so many people who need to know You and for those of us who need to be more bold in sharing Your love with them. I ask that You be with me today and empower me to be You to all I come in contact with. I pray for opportunities to be more intentional to love with Your love. Thank You for our dear friends Will and Sandy who blessed us last night with a great evening of fellowship and laughter! We are so blessed to have them in our life! Thank You for the many friends who encourage us with cards, financial blessings, texts, etc. I know You have put each one of them in our lives for a purpose. I pray people feel blessed by us in the way we love on them with Your love and encourage them. Thank You Father for being My Father of Sunshine and Rain! Amen.


No comments: