Friday, January 10, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 101 - "Different"


God took me to Psalm 101 this morning. David was professing what I daily profess. The desire of my heart is to live a live of obedience to God. David did 'bad' things in his life and he did 'good' things. The same can be said for my life. This Psalm also shows how David vowed to not only live a life of obedience to God but to encourage others to do so. This is where I think many of us fall short. It is easy to get into a comfortable life of 'doing good' but sometimes that type of life stops us from doing what we were put on this earth to do. That is to love with God's love to the point where others will start living the same type of life. It is easy for me to love with His love. It is easy for me to share His love with others. Sometimes where I fall short is actually taking the step to get them to change the way they are living. I can't make them change. Only God can. But I need to pray more for God to prepare hearts of those He puts before me so He will see a change in their lives. I pray daily for Him to cleanse me so He can fill me with His Holy Spirit. What is the purpose of this if I am not going to get others to do the same? Why would God even cleanse and fill me if I were not going to live a life of obedience completely for Him? Is it enough to live a 'good' life for Him? I don't believe so. I need to live a life of obedience to His will. I believe this means going a step further than just loving with His love. I believe it means leading others to not only love with His love but then to share His love with others. That is what discipleship is all about. We never know when Jesus will return and we need to be ready at all time. When He returns I want to be clean in my spirit. If I am not doing what He has put before me, I will not be. Once again, that is the reason it is so important to stay prayed up. Sometimes my flesh stops me from going the next step with people. Sometimes I think maybe they aren't ready to hear the Gospel. I need to not allow the enemy to put any thoughts in me but instead allow God to lead me. The last words of David in this Psalm are how I desire to live...

At each and every sunrise I will awake to do what’s right
and put to silence those who love wickedness,
freeing God’s people from their evil grip.
I will do all of this because of my great love for you!


Yes! I love Him dearly. I want to please Him. I desire to walk in obedience to His will for my life. The only way this can be accomplished is to be empowered by Him. II Timothy 1:7 encourages me to not allow fear to stop what God desires of me. His strength is my strength when I repent and ask Him to fill me with His Holy Spirit. Woo hoo! Matthew Henry wrote:

Let every one be zealous and diligent to reform his own heart and ways, and to do this early; ever mindful of that future, most awful morning, when the King of righteousness shall cut off all wicked doers from the heavenly Jerusalem.

When He returns, it will not be 'awful' for those who walk with Him but it will be for those who choose a life of living for the enemy. I believe there will also be many who call themselves Christians yet do not live for Him who will experience an 'awful' time too. It saddens me to see 'fake Christians' or people who go to church once a week and think that is enough. My heart breaks to see parents raising their children to believe that type of life is ok. It just goes to show how those of us who walk with Him need to be more zealous and diligent in not only loving Him ourselves as He desires but showing others the need for change in their own lives.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for blessing me so much! What a blessing to have dinner with Jessica last night! It brought back so many memories of having dinner together when we served together on the NCO District Mission Council. Father, I pray for healing in Doc's body not just from the C but now with this cough and fever. I pray You will touch him immediately to give relief. Lord, I thank You for the ten hours of sleep again last night. Even though there were interruptions with his cough I still am grateful. I also thank You for the way You are helping me with the forms that need completed for the church. Lord, may Your wisdom continue to be mine. Father, I pray for: Mary and Ross who have multiple family members with health issues; one who had an appendectomy this week; my Momma who has a doctor appointment Tuesday; Jordan and Tim as they get down to the last week before their wedding; my elderly friend with a compression fracture in her back; June as she continues to mourn the loss of Karl along with health issues; Melanie with health issues and the need for a job; one who is scheduled for an abortion today; Corrie and Nancy with the recent loss of their husbands; Steve as he continues the healing process from Peggy's death; James who had surgery on both eyes this week; the couple whose three day old baby died; and so, so many others who need healing. I pray especially for those who need a spiritual healing. Lord, may You be greater than what is before all of us. May Your love flow from those who are walking in obedience to Your will so people will desire to change and live the same type of life. Thank You Jesus for being My Changer! Amen.






2 comments:

Sandi said...

This blessed me.

Until I got to the part where you mentioned someone scheduled for an abortion. I pray the Lord stopped it.

My Strength said...

Thank you! I have not heard but I am praying the abortion did not happen.