Wednesday, January 22, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Step By Step"


Many years ago I was privileged to experience my babies ask the Lord into their hearts. It was so exciting to find out yesterday that our granddaughter Miss Annabel asked the Lord into her heart. Woo hoo! I am so blessed with the way my grand babies are being raised to know the Lord.


The Lord woke me up with Step By Step and the tears came to my eyes. I know I have not always lived in this manner. I also know God is a God that accepts us back when we turn from Him. I am so grateful for His grace and second chances. I am grateful for the way He loves me even when I don't deserve it. My grand babies are a result of His unconditional love. The words to this song are ones I take to heart. I pray for my children and grandchildren to do the same. I pray for more people to find this type of life. That prayer is not just for non-believers but for believers who have stayed content at salvation and not taken the second step to living a life sold-out to God.

I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to
Walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days

Yes! As we walk with and for Him He will guide us to do as He desires. As we walk the road of obedience we will be blessed with His love in abundance. This enables us to love with His love more intentional than ever. Today as Doc has his doctor appointment and chemo God is with him even though I cannot be. God is with Him using the chemo to shrink the tumor so they can do surgery to remove it. God is with Him giving him strength in his mental capacities to not just listen to what the oncologist says but to comprehend and retain it. God is with Him giving him physical strength to drive home after chemo. God is with Him giving him emotional strength after being down from being so sick yesterday. Plain and simple. God is with Him. I am grateful for this knowledge. I also am grateful for the peace God gives in such situations. I am grateful for the way God empowers me to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 so I do not have to fear the day ahead.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities to love with Your love yesterday! I pray a cleansing in my spirit so I can do the same today. May You cleanse me so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. May You open my eyes to opportunities You put before me to love with Your love. Lord, I am thankful for the knowledge You will be with Doc today. I pray he is physically better so he can continue on with the chemo that is scheduled. I also pray for him to feel Your presence today. I pray the same for: Crystal's Mom with her surgery; Mike with his heart procedure; my Momma who is celebrating her 89th birthday; Karen with the loss of her dear Momma; David with the diagnosis of throat cancer; Rita with pneumonia; and many others who are going through 'tough' days. May You be greater than what is happening in their lives. Thank You Jesus for Miss Annabel saying 'yes' to You and for Ben and Emily for the way they are raising their babies! Thank You for Your saving grace and second chances! Thank You for being My Step By Step! Amen.

No comments: