Thursday, February 14, 2019

Psalm 99 - "Take My Life"


I love when the Lord wakes me with a Scripture to read. It normally is a chapter in Psalm. Today it was Psalm 99. This chapter is all about God being King. We need to praise Him for all He has done and all He is yet to do. It has two main parts to it. The first is found in the very first verse. The Lord reigns, let the nations tremble; He sits enthroned between the cherubim, let the earth shake. The second part is found in verses two through nine. These verses tell us we are to be reverent to Him. Why? Because He is a holy God. He is a righteous God. He is worthy of our praise. He has done great things for His people throughout the years. When we call upon Him in times of trouble, He is there to protect and guide us. Most of all He has forgiven us and given us a future. His grace and mercy have been showered upon all who call on Him. There is nothing anyone can do for us as great as what He can do. There is no one who can lead us down the right path in life as He can. There is no one who can give eternal life but Him. That makes me desire to worship Him. His holiness is something I desire to seek in my own life. I desire to follow in His footsteps. Matthew Henry writes, "The more we humble ourselves before God, the more we exalt him, and let us be thus reverent, for he is holy." Woo hoo! Yes! David speaks in this Psalm about great men in history. Moses, Aaron, and Samuel. They knew they needed to follow God for their prayers to be answered. We, today, should know the same. He is the Key to answering our prayers. We need to make sure we are praying in and for His will or we will be disappointed. As we pray in and for His will, miracles will happen. We will see changed lives including our own. But we must not only exalt Him with our words but we must exalt Him with our hearts. We must live a life of holiness if we want to see Him be glorified in all we do. Oh how I pray for more people to come into such a life. I pray for more people to realize the blessings of living a life seeking Him with their whole heart.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so much that You seek me and encourage me to seek more of You. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of Your love. May You ooze out of me today in a new, different way. May You go before me and be my words, actions, and attitude. Father, my heart is heavy for John Harris and his family. May You perform a miracle in his life. I also pray for many others who are dealing with illness or have a family member with one. Thank You for the successful heart surgery Dan Campbell had. May Your strength be their strength. Thank You for the safe travels yesterday. I pray for my sister who is traveling today. I also pray for a friend having surgery today and another who is facing medical testing. Thank You Jesus for being My Strong King! Amen.







No comments: