Saturday, February 16, 2019

I Corinthians 13 - "The Proof of Your Love"


Disappointments are part of life. We have a choice to give the enemy an open door in them or praying for God to soothe our hurts. God does not have a problem when we question Him  as to why things do or do not happen. He does not even get upset if we yell when we are disappointed. What He does care about is the way we handle times of disappointment. He desires us to draw closer to Him. There is nothing He would rather have than for us to climb up into His lap and allow Him to comfort us. He loves us so much. He allows things to happen in life to strengthen our faith because of His love for us. Sometimes He does not answer prayers in our time to take us deeper into relationship with Him. Sometimes He waits on us to come to our senses with situations instead of stepping in. No matter what, He loves us deeply. That love covered all of our sins when Jesus died on the cross. His love keeps Him with us 24/7 when we allow Him. His love encourages us throughout the 'good' and the 'bad' days. His love is really all we need in life. It will direct us down the path He desires for us which is the best way of living. It will ooze out of us so others will desire the same. This morning I am meditating on the 'love chapter.' His love is perfect. As I desire to live Christ-like, my love will line up with His. In The Message verses three through seven read:

If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything, 
Trusts God always, Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
"Bankrupt!" When someone declares bankruptcy, they have spent more than they had and exhausted all resources. It is a last resort effort to continue living. That is how surrendering to God is. We do everything we can in our power, living as we desire when we realize that way of life is simply no longer working. We may feel love in our spirit but true love is only found in Christ. We may think life is good but the good life is found in surrender to Him. We are nothing without His love. We just exist with no true meaning in life without Him. Verse twelve of this chapter in The Message describes life before surrender...

We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

Woo hoo! I love this description. I also love verse thirteen...

But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.
His love is the only way to live on this earth if we desire to live with Him for eternity. It is the only way to live to fulfill His will for our life. There is a part of verse ten that touched me this morning so greatly. But when our Complete arrives, our incomplete will be cancelled. Woo hoo! Life will change when the Lord returns. There will no longer be questions but instead there will be complete understanding. There will no longer be illness and disease but instead those who are taken to heaven will have pure bodies. The things on this earth that we could call 'incomplete' will no longer be. Sin will be eradicated. Come, Jesus, come. Woo hoo! But until His time for this I must live in His love, sharing it with all I have an opportunity to.

So let my life be the proof
The proof of Your love
Let my love look like You
And what You're made of
How you lived, how You died
Love is sacrifice
So let my life be the proof
The proof of Your love


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for taking me to this chapter that I have read many times and bringing new light to it. Thank You for Your love that is so great. Thank You for giving me opportunities to share Your love with others. Lord, may You cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May my life be "The proof of Your love." Go before me today and bless me with more of You oozing out of me than ever before. Father, my heart is hurting for many people. One awaiting a breast biopsy; John and his family; a young teen and his family who are dealing with things in life no one should ever have to; one with a medical test on Monday; and so many others. May Your love be shown to each of them in a mighty way today. May You put people before them to love on them. Father, I also pray for the disappointment in my heart. May You be greater than it. Thank You Jesus for being My Complete! Amen.

No comments: