Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Matthew 6:9-13 - "The Lord's Prayer"


Woo hoo, God! Yesterday morning 'out-of-the-blue' He prompted me to pray for a new friend. I didn't know what for so I prayed she would have His strength throughout the day. This was around 6:30AM. I continued to pray for her and later in the morning found out she was being taken to the hospital but I still didn't know the circumstances. Last night I found out one of the things they suspected was a stroke. All of the tests came back clear! Woo hoo, God! There are people who do not believe in God. There are also people who believe in God yet have little prayer life. It is hard to comprehend the 'why' of both of these groups of people. My God is living in my life 24/7. He directs me and loves on me in ways that are not always understandable. I don't know if my prayer for Trish was what protected her or not. But what if it were and I didn't pray it? My prayer life is as much about my spiritual walk as it is about the people I pray for. When I have instances such as this, my faith is taken even deeper. Yesterday Doc offhandedly said something about how maybe we should ask God for something. It is a BIG something that would not in the human realm even be possible. But what if it were in God's will to happen? We would not know until we prayed WITH faith for it. I'm thinking for the thought to come into his mind it must be in His will. Are we willing to take a step of faith and pray that prayer? Are we willing to see what God has for us in this area of life? Big questions to ponder upon today. No matter what, I will never stop praying and believing. I am a product of many prayers. I know what miracles are. I have lived them out many times. I am so grateful for the God I serve who is still in the miracle-making business. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You protected Trish from a stroke yesterday. Thank You for the way You deepened my faith. Thank You for the way You will continue to direct my prayers. Lord, I continue to pray for the teen who returned to school yesterday. I pray they were protected by You in their emotional being. I pray for the ones around them today to be loving. Father, continue to direct the family with this situation. I also pray You will be with one of my little guys who is sick again. Lord, give the doctors direction with his disease. Wrap Your loving arms around his family as they battle it. Father, I pray for a healing in his little body. I also pray for a healing in another friend who is struggling with infection and dear Mr Fran who is struggling with a cold along with the Parkinson's. I pray for wisdom for their doctors. Lord, these are physical ailments that are not found in heaven. I am praying 'for earth as it is in heaven' to come down upon these ones. Father, I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me today in a new, different way. I pray for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to start at the tip of my head and go to the tip of my toes. Open doors for me to be You to all I meet and speak to. I pray for one who is dealing with dementia to be agreeable today as I spend time with her. Thank You Jesus for being The Great Physician. Amen.

No comments: