Friday, February 8, 2019

Galatians 4:6-7 - "Good, Good Father"

This is the second Friday to wake up at 4:30. The difference was this week when I asked God who to pray for He was silent. I thought about the news about Richie's bone marrow test and my niece's mammogram coming back good and praised God for them. I prayed for all of those going through treatments for cancer. I also praised Him for yesterday. I was apprehensive about something I had to do but it went great. I also praised God for the beautiful sunshine but most of all I praised Him for shining down on me. He blessed me in abundance as I took this picture...


He did not have to say that but He knew I needed to hear it. As I told Doc about it over dinner the tears came to my eyes once again. When I hear Him say 'Daughter,' I know there is going to be something special given to me. Sometimes it is an answer to prayer. Sometimes it is direction. Sometimes it is like yesterday where He just wanted to lavish me with His love. No matter what, when I hear 'Daughter' I am listening expectingly. This world and the circumstances we deal with can be hard at times. But we must never allow the enemy an open door. He will use people's words, actions, and attitude to try to pull our focus off of God. We must stay firm in our faith so we do not falter. What we call 'hard times' really can be 'good times' because it can stretch our faith and take us deeper in our walk with God. We just never know when God will speak words such as what He said to me yesterday. We cannot give up even when times seem too tough to continue. Doc said in his sermon Sunday that he felt like throwing in the towel but God told him he just needed to use the towel to wipe the sweat off of his brow and keep on. There were many times I felt like 'throwing in the towel' with health issues such as the nine months of not being able to walk on my own with the MS or getting the breast cancer diagnosis. But God kept encouraging me to continue. Many times with relationships I feel like I can't continue on but God encourages me to continue. The only way for me to hear His encouragement is to live in His presence. The only way for me to live in His presence is to be totally surrendered to His will. The only way to be totally surrendered to His will is to quit being selfish and allow Him total control over my life. That is where True Peace is found. He is such a "Good, Good Father" and it does not surprise me one bit that this song is what is on my heart today. I want to sing praises and worship to Him all day long. I desire for Him to be encouraged by my words, actions, and attitude. I desire Him to be proud of me. He wasn't telling me I was beautiful on the outside. He was telling me I am beautiful in my soul. That is where beauty is the most becoming. That is where people will see Him through me. Woo hoo. I love the words Paul gave to the Galatians in the fourth chapter, verses six and seven. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Woo hoo! Thank You Father!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You once again for the words You spoke over me yesterday. Thank You for the encouragement You pour into me. Thank You for the beauty of Your creation as the sun was shining down upon the blooming flowers and trees. Wow, God! You are such a Magnificent Artist! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I desire for my soul to be more beautiful today than it was in days past. I desire people to see/hear/feel Your love from me today in a new, different way. May You be greater, Lord. May You be greater. Thank You for Richie and Colleen's good news yesterday. Continue to be with them and their families. Thank You Jesus for being my "Good, Good Father." Amen.

No comments: