Monday, February 11, 2019

Philippians 4:13 - "This I Believe"



Yesterday was such an awesome day. The Lord blessed me in abundance as we sang as a corporate body of believers in worship. Then He blessed me through Doc's message as He spoke through him to encourage us to go deeper in our faith. The afternoon time with six of our teens delivering Valentine cards at a nursing home was such a blessing. Finally, hearing Him speak through Dan Bohi was the 'icing on the cake' for me. He spoke of much of what Doc had spoke of in the morning's message. One of my favorite hymns that we sang yesterday morning was also one sung last night. Wow, God! You are so good! I am still pondering upon the two sermons from yesterday. I think I need to 'chew' on them a bit before I write about them. It was a full day in so many ways and I need an extra dose of His supernatural strength for today but I could not have asked for any better of a day. This morning I woke up an hour early and thought 'I can't do this.' I fell back to sleep and when I woke up the right time I had these words going through my mind...

I believe in God our Father
I believe in Christ the Son
I believe in the Holy Spirit
Our God is three in one
I believe in the resurrection
That we will rise again
For I believe in the Name of Jesus


If I believe in God, then I believe He will give me the strength that is needed in this day. If I believe in Him, then I believe He will bless me throughout this day with opportunities for people to see His love ooze out of me. If I believe in Him, then I will have no doubt or fear about the day that is ahead. "If" is not a word in my vocabulary when it comes to God. I do believe in Him and I do believe He will provide exactly what I need for the day ahead. Woo hoo! I believe! There is a line in this song that goes...

For I believe in the Name of Jesus

Yes! All I have to do is call on His name and He is with me. I do not know how people get through the 'tough' stuff of life without Him. I do not understand why people don't allow Him into their lives. I also do not understand how those who believe in Him don't have the desire to go deeper and relinquish everything to Him and live in His will. But thankfully I do not have to answer for others. I am only responsible for the way I live. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for all the ways You love on me such as days like yesterday. Thank You for being the One I desire to live for. Father, I pray for Your supernatural strength to come down upon me for the day ahead. I pray You will go before me and open doors for me to be You to all I meet or speak to. Lord, I pray for my friend who You brought to my mind this morning. I don't know what is ahead in her day but I pray You will be very close to her. I also pray for the teen and their family who are going through some tough days. May their faith draw deeper. I pray for healing in dear Mr. Fran. I pray You will be very near to Him as he battles illness. Thank You Father for being Who I Believe In. Amen.

No comments: