Friday, February 15, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Not Today"



I went to bed and woke up with these words going through my head...

I'll sing the night into the morning
I'll sing the fear into Your praise
I'll sing my soul into Your presence
Whenever I say Your name
Let the devil know not today

I do not think I am fearful of anything at this moment. I know the enemy is trying to cause fear over my mammogram Tuesday. Every time he does I say "Jesus" and feel His peace. I know He is in control. No matter what the outcome of the test, He will be my strength. He will be the One I praise if it is clear and He will be the One I praise if something shows. I love these words to this song...

Trouble won't throw me, won't break me
Won't scare me no more
Fear must have thought I was faithless
When it came for my heart

'Cause I got a song that will never die
I know Your love is the reason why

Amen! He did not give me a spirit of fear but instead gives me empowerment over anything that comes my way. I have a friend with a child with a disease that constantly has them on a roller coaster ride with their emotions. I have other friends who struggle with illness/disease in their body that keeps their emotions raw. Some of these dear ones lean on the Lord's strength and others are not in relationship with Him. I do not know how people get through the roller coaster rides in life without Him. I do not like roller coasters. I have always done everything I could to not get on one. When we went to Disney for Paul's graduation trip, Doc and the boys tricked me into getting on one. Did I like it? No. Did I survive? Obviously I did. I held on and screamed for much of the ride. I am thankful I do not have to treat the roller coaster rides in life in the same manner. I do hold on to God because He is the Only One who knows the outcome. He is the Only One whose strength I can depend upon. He is the Only One who will see me through it. As I pray this morning, I think of many who are dealing with not only physical issues but also relationship, financial, emotional, etc. issues. I pray for those who are in relationship with God to draw deeper into His inner strength. I pray for those who do not know Him to find Him. I pray people will be more willing to allow Him into their lives. I pray for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to take over in people's lives in a way they will know He has taken over. No matter what their circumstance, His empowerment will see them through.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You empower me to stand up against the enemy when he comes knocking at my door. May more people be empowered to do the same. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You. Thank You for the way You encourage me so many different ways. Lord, may You be my words, attitude, and action throughout this day. May You be seen/heard by all I come in contact with today. I pray for all who are going through tough times to lean into You. I pray people will find Your empowerment today to stand up against the enemy. Thank You Jesus for being My Empowerment. Amen.

No comments: