Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Psalm 48 - "Well Done"


These words are going through my mind this morning...

Well done, well done
My good and faithful one
Welcome to the place where you belong
Well done, well done
My beloved child
You have run the race and now you're home
Welcome to the place where you belong

I pray these are the words I hear when I walk into the arms of Jesus at the end of my life on this earth. Will I? Is there any chance I won't? If I stay on the path of obedience to His will, I will. If I allow the enemy to have his way, I wouldn't. This morning I am praying for people who know Him and have been in relationship with Him who have given the enemy an open door into their life. Some have blatant signs in their life. They are doing sinful things and no longer serve God. They have turned their back not only to God but to friends and family who love God. Families have been destroyed, which is exactly what the enemy desires. Christian leaders have fallen, which has put many questions in the minds of those under them. The enemy loves this kind of thing. Why, how can believers turn their back on God? What does the enemy do to entice them? What can look so much better than God's love? Sometimes it comes in the form of money, prestige, etc. Sometimes it comes in the form of another person showing them 'love' when they feel unloved. Sometimes it comes in the form of words of affirmation when they are feeling worthless. When the enemy sees an open door, he takes it. When people allow him to walk into their lives, they no longer see God as the One to live for. This saddens my heart. Sometimes it makes me angry. There is nothing I can do to change their mind as long as they allow the enemy his way in their life. But I can pray for them and when given the opportunity I can speak Life into them. I also can pray for those in their influence to not get caught up into sin. This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 48. I read it in different translations to grasp what He wanted me to receive. This Psalm is one of praise to our Heavenly Father. It tells us how God will protect His people. If God protects His people, then why does the enemy get to play havoc in people's lives? The answer is simple. We have free will. God wants us to exercise that free will to live a life for Him. Unfortunately, when we walk in the flesh instead of the spirit we make decisions away from Him. If we want to walk in the Spirit, we must be sold-out to Him. We must pray every morning for a cleansing in our soul so He can fill us up with Himself. We must throw off the fleshly desires. We must stand firm in our faith as we live for Him. It takes believing in the Hope of Christ for eternal life as we live on this earth. Matthew Henry writes of the last part of this chapter...

This God, who has now done such great things for us, is unchangeable in his love to us, and his care for us. If he is our God, he will lead and keep us even to the last. He will so guide us, as to set us above the reach of death, so that it shall not do us any real hurt. He will lead us to a life in which there shall be no more death.

Yes! No more sorrow nor death will be a part of what we experience in heaven. We just have to get there to experience it. We must live a life of holiness where He is first in our life to live with Him for eternity.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and Scripture this morning. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for reminding me of what it takes to get to heaven. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. I pray for more of You and less of me to show through in my actions, attitude, and words throughout this day. Give me opportunities to love on people. Lord, this morning I am praying for so many who have fallen out of relationship with You. I pray for their families who are hurting to be encouraged by You somehow today. I also am praying for some with physical needs who need You as their Great Physician. May they lean into You today in a new, different way. I pray Dale was able to sleep last night; John will continue to gain strength; the doctors of one who was admitted into the hospital yesterday to have Your wisdom; Colleen to receive answers for her pain; John to be protected as he deals with his physical issues; Billie as she continues with her road with 'C'; a friend who will be having a breast biopsy tomorrow; Gay and Lynn with their unspoken request; another with an unspoken request; and many more who I prayed for during the night. Lord, most of all I pray You will be real to all. Thank You Jesus for being My Goal. Amen.

No comments: