Sunday, February 3, 2019

Matthew 21:22 - "When We Pray"

The Lord woke me once during the night to pray for pastors. He had me pray for one specific group. They were pastors who pour their time and energy into programs. The way He had me pray was for them to "trust Him" to be in charge of their life, including their ministry. He told me there are many who "speak the talk but don't walk the walk." I prayed as He directed and went back to sleep thinking He would wake me again to pray more. The next time He woke me was this morning an hour before the clock was to go off. So I'm up and praying. This time He had me praying specifics for pastors who will be in the pulpit this morning...

  • to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
  • to allow Him to speak with boldness through their words.
  • for them to be aware of their attitude and keep it in line with His.
  • to be ready for changes in the service.
  • to accept His will.
Sometimes the things He has me pray for seem so simple to pray yet so hard. We all have issues with boldness at times. We also have issues with allowing our flesh to take over with things such as our attitude. Those are not just things pastors deal with but everyone does. Unless we are totally surrendered to Him we also will have problems accepting His will. When we are sanctified through and through, His will may not make sense but it will be followed. Sometimes praying doesn't make sense yet as I walk in obedience I do it. Over the last few weeks I have had a great sense of urgency for our church family to pray. I know we all do pray but God has told me multiple times He is wanting us to "pray with more of a unified spirit." I'm not sure what that looks like but I do know He has told me "there will not be great strides with the building until this happens." My heart is burdened for our church body. Many have been here for years waiting for their own building. Church life has, and continues to be, difficult. It seems like every time we take three steps forward, we take four steps back. Are we suppose to have our own building? I believe God would not have provided the purchase of it two years ago if we weren't. What will it take to get into it? I believe praying in the manner He desires. Multiple times over the last week or so the Lord has woke me up with the same song, "When We Pray." These words touch my heart...

But what if we could be a people on our knees
As one before the King
‘Cause we believe

All the world starts changing
When the church starts praying
Strongholds start to break
Oh, when we pray
Prison walls start shaking
At the sound of praising
Nothing stays the same
Oh, when we pray
Oh, when we pray, oh

I truly believe the strongholds attached to this building can be broken if and when we pray as He desires. I also believe people's lives will be changed through such prayer. I am standing on Matthew 21:22 as I pray for our church body...

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors during the night and again this morning. Thank You for putting my church family into my prayers this morning. Father, I pray for more of You to show through all of us. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can be seen/heard through my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I pray for the people of the Beaufort Church of the Nazarene to have the same desire in their heart. Lord, would You lay this burden to pray for our church in a different manner upon others hearts? Would You reveal to others what You have revealed to me? Father, bless us as we seek Your will. You blessed us in abundance with so many workers who came out yesterday to move the pews from one container to the other. Not only were they workers but they were young, strong workers who got the job done within an hour. Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus! I also pray for a family who is hurting so greatly with so many things happening. Would You wrap Your loving arms around each one of them so they feel Your presence? I pray they all will seek You during these tough days. Father, go before me today and give me boldness as You desire. The day ahead is Your day. My heart hurts for all the things that will happen tonight with domestic abuse, alcohol and drug abuse, and human trafficking with the Super Bowl event. I pray for Your people to be in prayer over these things. I pray for protection over innocent children who will deal with such things over the next twenty-four hours. My heart breaks for the stories that will come from this day. Lord, come soon...come soon. Thank You Jesus for being My Prayer Director. Amen.

No comments: