Thursday, February 21, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "God of All Days"



These words were on my mind throughout the night as God woke me to pray for some people who are going through some tough days and again this morning when I woke...

In my worry, God You are my stillness
In my searching, God You are my answers
In my blindness, God You are my vision
In my bondage, God You are my freedom
In my weakness, God You are my power
You're the reason that I sing
'Cause You're the God of all my days

God is Everything we did. He is what we need to get through 'good days' and what we need to get through 'bad days.' I had a disturbing dream last night that could make me be fearful but it was just a dream. It seemed so real but my God will be with me so I need not worry. No matter what lies ahead in my days, He is My Strength. I pray for others to have that same peace but the only way they can is for them to be focused on God. I pray for people to realize the enemy will try to make them fearful, God will not. I pray for people to lean into God for His strength. He is all we need. The day I realized that was a day of freedom. I no longer was in bondage to the fear the enemy placed upon me. Instead I walked in freedom of knowing Christ is in control of every aspect of my life. That does not mean I don't have 'bad' days because we all need them in our life. If we didn't have them, we would have no need to depend upon Him. 'Bad' days take us into a new depth of faith. They will take us into a deeper reliance on our God. Oh how I pray for more people to find such depth. This morning I am praying for..

  • a friend with an alcoholic spouse
  • those going through cancer...my pastor friend, Little Richie, Little Natalie, John, Dale, Mike, Peggy
  • my friend Wanda who is recovering from ear surgery
  • one who is recuperating from a heart attack
  • my friend with knee issues
  • Mike and his team in Guatemala
  • people who will hear Brother Dan as he speaks at Coshocton
  • Little Eli and his family who continues to battle his immune deficiency disorder
  • those who have fear put upon them by the enemy
  • those who need to release control of their life and allow God to be their Everything
Physical needs are something that seem to always be on prayer lists but they are not the most important thing we need to pray for. We need to be praying for the spiritual needs of people. Many times the physical needs will be gone once spiritual needs are fulfilled. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me during the night to pray for many people. Father, I pray You will be so real to people. I pray the trials people are going through will deepen their faith. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Go before me today and be my words, actions, and attitude. May people see/hear You instead of me. May I walk through every open door You present to me. Thank You for being My Everything! Amen.



No comments: